Recent content by hekho

1. H

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Hi, It is not clear if you want to manage the switch from the Inband (Network) or Out-of-band (management port AKA Serviceport). You may need to clarify this because I am not sure you can do both at the same time. If you want to use In-band, make sure the network mgmt_vlan is on the same vlan...
  2. H

Hi, you configure Port-security under the interface itself : Here is a example for Vlan X: ! interface 0/4 port-security port-security mac-address 0C:C4:7A:CC:AA:BB X !
  3. H

Hi, do you still have it ? I am eager to try it. Thanks.
  4. H

Connect to the Switch via Console Port and reboot it electrically. At boot, you'll see : 1 - Start operational code. 2 - Start Boot Menu. Select (1, 2): Select "2" as fast as you can. The Boot menu will give you several choices. Select "10 - Restore configuration to factory defaults (delete...
  5. H

Hi, the ports are disabled by default. Make sure you have enabled interfaces 0/49 and 0/50 on both sides : System -> port -> admin mode on the web interface. Or "no shutdown" under "interface 0/49" and "interface 0/50" in terminal mode.
  6. H

LAG is interessing only when you have multiple kind of traffic at the same time. By traffic, I mean different machines and different ports too. In that case, the aggregate traffic will go beyond 1Gb. It's because the algorithm used to distribute the traffic among the different links are based on...
  7. H

I tested with Finisair SFP+ and it worked.
  8. H

Thanks for your answer h0tw1r3. However, I downgraded to switch from 1.1.0.8 to 1.0.2.17 and then to 1.0.2.14, but there is no command such as switchport mode ... Am I missing something? Btw, I have also contacted Quanta to request MIB files and they told me the same story.
  9. H

With my switch, I could configure trunk port the way you've mentioned in the first post: interface 0/50 vlan participation include 10,11 vlan tagging 10,11 I could issue a "switchport mode" but couldn't go further. Looks like a bug. For my switch version ( LB4M 48x1G 2x10G, 1.1.1.8, VxWorks...