Recent content by hchasens

1. H

Harvester HCI platform

No. I'm sure it'd be almost as light as an LXC container but it just bugs me we're still using virtualization technology to run these two services that should be tightly integrated. I guess it's more of a peeve than having actual reasoning. It just adds a level of unnecessary complexity to what...
  2. H

Harvester HCI platform

I think I understand why Harvester doesn't install Rancher on the same system baremetal. But, considering how tightly integrated the UI is for Rancher to run on Harvester it bugs me that I need to run a VM on Harvester to get a Rancher node running on the same system. I don't like needing the VM...
  3. H

Thoughts on Using Consumer SLC SSD for NAS

I was hoping to stay away from HDD since I'll be transporting it often (once every two months or so). I didn't want to take all the drives out every time I moved.
  4. H

I'm so stupid. They all said SLC cache *huge facepalm*. I going to go die in a dumpster now lol.
  5. H

First Post! Okay, here it goes. I'm going to start moving regularly for my job so I sold my rack and got a VRTX to consolidate my lab into "mobile" infrastructure. Since moving involves a lot of vibration I wanted to stick to an SSD build only... but SSDs are expensive. A consumer SLC SSD runs...