Recent content by hanshans

1. H

Cisco SG550XG-24F stacked => vLAG => packet drops on ceph cluster network

I bought 2 Cisco SGSG550XG-24F for our new Ceph cluster. The cluster has been setup in the lab with 2 of our old Blade G8124 24x10G Switches and worked seamlessly with good performance. For the sake of simplicity no VLAN config has been used in the lab setup. Now we moved to the SG550XG (and...
  2. H

Difference between Cisco SG350x-24F and SG550x-24F

I was looking for 2 switches for our ha-cluster. Therefore I need a switch that is able to do LAG over 2 (or more) switch units. I finally slipped over the SG350x series, that seem to ne pretty cost effective. I was wondering what the main difference between the SG550x series might be except...
  3. H

BNT/IBM G8124 firmware upgrade

Dear colleagues, I set up a ceph cluster for the lab and therefore was looking for payable 10G switches. So I slipped over the G8124 as you can get those for a good price. The switches basically do what they should. Nevertheless the firmware installed does not support vLAG, which I want to use...
  4. H

Need help with the cabling of Dell C6100 2nd power distribution board

I just realized, that there are two different kinds of power boards/fan boards for the C6100. Seems that I have the PIC16 8 pin FCB_PWR<-> PSU1/2 socket) version. The new power distribution board I ordered is the 10 pin version. The PIC18 (10pin) boards have other fan connectors, so I would have...
  5. H

Need help with the cabling of Dell C6100 2nd power distribution board

Hi folks, I recently bought some C6100 for HA cluster applications. The units came with 2 nodes and one PSU each, so I ordered a second and the additional power distribution board. Then I put 2 further nodes in (and mounted the 2nd mid-plane for node 1+3). Here´s how I connected the boards so...