Recent content by Hakujou

1. H

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I played a little bit with PSU and fans of ICX6610 yesterday, did some interesting findings. Went to PSU rev A and one fan in intake to PSU rev C exhaust with one fan, then two. Exhaust PSU seems to be MUCH more silent than intake but will require two back fans modules if you want decent...
  2. H

Dell W1GCR HN10N Broadcom 57810S unRAID & Windows 10 drivers?

It works perfectly under Linux (unRAID) and Windows. It has some issues with some BSD versions (not suitable for pfSense/FreeNAS...).
  3. H

Hello, Did anyone managed to get VRF working on ICX6610 ? When I create one and try to enable address-family on it, it complains with: SSH@sw-core-1(config-vrf-secure)#address-family ipv4 Error: has reached maximum system limit of maximum number of IPv4 routes available IPv4 routes for...
  4. H

Couldn't agree more. You've been helpful to everyone here, with beginners to advanced users, a huge thanks, really. Too bad some people ruined this spirit.
  5. H

While g-electronic has mostly bad switches and they probably just test them by checking they power on (to be fair, they don't claim otherwise), their customer service has always been honest and refunded everyone without trouble (they even let me kept my faulty switch while refunding me...
  6. H

Thanks a lot for your help. Looks like the switch hasn't left the USA yet, so I'm not expecting to get it before another 1-2 weeks. I'll send them when I got it.
  7. H

Pro has RoCE v2 and some offloading for vxlan I think. This card will be just fine if you don't need those.
  8. H

Should I run that on both PoE and non-PoE units and send them to you to compare ? I'm not sure of what to do. Mellanox ones are pretty popular around here. They're cheap and they work fine.
  9. H

I have another (dumb) question. I have two "deads" ICX 6610-48P switches (ASIC errors, see my previous posts) but the PoE part was working fine. Next week I'll receive a non PoE unit (also 48 ports). Can I transplant a PoE board and the power supplies from one of the PoE units to the non-PoE one ?
  10. H

If you have the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ switch...

Just flashed the v3 firmware on my v2 unit. So far everything seems to work. It did not reset the configuration, despite what the configuration says. I hope this will fix the bug of the v2 "stable" release (crashes probably due to memory leaks, wrong password half of the time on enable-admin...
  11. H

About broken 6610s... I finally decided myself to order a third one from a third seller. HOPEFULLY this time it won't have the issue I had with the first ones. I also sent a message to my second seller (fcmanagement), I'll let you know how this goes... I really hope the third will be the last...
  12. H

Yes they are just like original transceivers.
  13. H

I buy them from fs.com
  14. H

Prices are usually insanely higher in Europe. I usually buy from US and pay customs, it's still cheaper than paying those in EU. Your deal is not that bad, tho.
  15. H

You need a licence to turn the eight SFP+ front ports to 10Gbps, otherwise they'll work at 1Gbps. PM @fohdeesha for that. Otherwise assuming the switch is working fine everything will work at full speed, there's no license or limit on front GBase-T ports or back QSFP ports.