Recent content by gsk3

1. G

FS: Ubiquiti Unifi basic setup (cloudkey, switch, router)

Price drop. Would rather sell it to a new home labber here than on a generic computing forum!
  2. G

FS: Ubiquiti Unifi basic setup (cloudkey, switch, router)

Have upgraded to the big rackmountable stuff and just want this to go to a good home. EdgerouterX Original Cloudkey with a mini SD card US-8-60W Security Gateway Includes relevant power cords/bricks. Includes bonus LR-AP which I haven’t used in forever so no promises its working. $75 shipped...
  3. G

FS (PA, US): Lenovo workstation servers (D30, S30) with tons of RAM

Thanks. They've both been really great boxen. Good point about the CPUs--can go way faster on these if needed. For my purposes, massive RAM was way more useful than PassMark scores so I never bothered.
  4. G

FS (PA, US): Lenovo workstation servers (D30, S30) with tons of RAM

Lenovo Thinkstation D30: 2x E5-2603 $300 + RAM + shipping Lenovo Thinkstation S30: 1x Xeon E5-1620 $100 + RAM + shipping Working well, just don't need this kind of capacity at home any more. Amazing home servers--load them up with RAM and SSDs to your heart's content. I have gobs of 16GB...
  5. G

Updated: 01-23-23 -NVMe SSDs!

Hello, are your ~4gb PM883a’s still available? YGPM.
  6. G

Lenovo ThinkStation P series vs Dell Precision 7820 for high-RAM workstation: Heat and noise?

I'm purchasing a workstation for my number crunching. The options through my institution are Lenovo vs Dell. I need a minimum of 192GB RAM, ideally in some format that's easily upgradable in the future to 384GB or beyond. Single core performance trumps total compute power across all cores...
  7. G

FS (US): ECC DDR3 UDIMM Bonanza! [COMPLETE]

Sorry for the slow replies. I've sold the 8GB DIMMS and realized I want to keep the 4's for the 3 remaining servers I have that still need UDIMMS.
  8. G

FS (US): ECC DDR3 UDIMM Bonanza! [COMPLETE]

Have a server that takes RDIMMS coming in so time to downgrade my TS140's RAM to fund it.
  9. G

Choosing a new HBA for Proxmox in IBM x3650 M3

I have a IBM x3650 M3 with M5015 RAID controller (running stock firmware) , which sees disks just fine in the controller's bios but then when booting Proxmox fails to recognize any disks, as I detailed here: Proxmox 5.1 and M5015? Updating the M5015 seems to be a giant pain in the neck and...