Recent content by Groto

1. G

Supermicro 846 BPN-SAS846A Backplane Rear LED Questions

In case it helps anybody else there are 8 jumpers for fans. I put them all in the disable position because none of the fans are plugged into the back plane. Instead I have them plugged into the motherboard . This removed all the red LEDs and also removed the overheat LEDs which I’m guessing were...
  2. G

Thanks for the response. I contacted Supermicro as well and they seem to think jumpers so I will be taking a look at that.
  3. G

I managed to stick my head in there and saw that 2 of the red LEDs are D3 and D36, indicating the alarm/overheat... Because I have no fans plugged into the backplane that there are red LEDs for the fan lights as well do you think the overheat ones come on because of the assumption that the fans...
  4. G

Hi, I just purchased a Supermicro 846 chassis and swapped the backplane for the BPN-SAS-846A direct attached backplane. Right now I just have one DELL Perc H710P adaptor installed flashed to IT mode using the guide posted on this forum. I have tested all 24 bays (by switching the SFF-8087...
  5. G

Anyone order from ironnetworks.com for Supermicro parts?

Looks like they have decent prices here, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and/or are they legit? When I look at the Supermicro authorized dealer site I see ironsystems.com with a similar logo. This site claims to be a subsidiary of Iron Systems...
  6. G

Asus Z77 Motherboard in Supermicro 846 Chassis

Hi, Does anyone know if the Asus Z77 motherboards will work with the Supermicro 846 chassis? I saw another older thread (https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/sc846-with-consumer-motherboard.30860/) that some Asus motherboards are not compatible and won't boot when used in the...
  7. G

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

Thanks a lot for all of your support! Nice not to have to buy another card.
  8. G

Yep! and the SAS Address has my re-programmed SAS
  9. G

@LayerIIX Oh! You are correct. That is what I am looking for... I was looking for the Card BIOS...., but now that I read the directions I realize I don't need to boot off of any of those drives... so maybe I don't need to do that step... I was really looking for that BIOS menu because I thought...
  10. G

@fohdeesha So I tried this in my other PC.... x370 AMD Ryzen system and disabled all of the relevant BIOS settings. I made it all the way through to the end and when I type info it shows a SAS2308_2(D1)!! I had one error when in the FREEDOS image. Right before it started erasing it said...
  11. G

Yeah I rebooted first. Every time it fails I flash it back to default so I have something clean to start with. I’ll give it another shot as soon as I get a chance and let you know.
  12. G

@fohdeesha No luck. The PC I am using to flash is really old with VT-x not VT-d (Core2Quad Q6600). Disabling VT-x still didn't work. It failed at setsas. I didn't see any other errors before that (only success messages) other then messages when the ISO is booting. I used the 1.9. images from...
  13. G

i’m pretty sure the first time I tried this months back I disabled all those things or they didn’t exist but I will give it another shot and let you know. Appreciate the support. thanks!