Recent content by grenskul

1. G

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

I have that exact setup running right now. 2x32gb ecc udimms + 5700x on this board. .
  2. G

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Non pro G processors do not support ecc so that might be it.
  3. G

EU [WTS] HP Sprout Pro G2, 64GB DDR4 LRDIMM, Netapp, SAS drives, Supermicro, LTO4/5 and more... My Sales thread [update 02/08/23]

You mentioned you had a AIC J3016-01-03X to sell in another thread. What's the noise on that and did you find rails for it anywhere?
  4. G

[FS] EPYC SP3, TR4, or TRX4 CPU Carrier Frame Tray

... Right cause abs is corrosive and all. Worst case scenario you might get a dirty space around the socket (cause the carrier doesn't actually touch the inside the socket). But at that point your cpu already melted cause if your cpu surface or surrounding area is at 80ºC your core temperatures...
  5. G

... Abs the second most common filament material has a melting point of 230°C. Also it's made by scanning a real one and making it flat in the bottom (so it doesn't have the pegs) but I can say from experience that it works well enough.
  6. G

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Consumer yes. 3090 no. I've ran 2070s and 3060s. Made the GPU power cables myself cause I'm cheap. They increase the fan speed but mine is manual so that wasn't an issue.
  7. G

Or you know just Threadripper Model - Customized for a Friend by TAGE_FPV
  8. G

Have you just tried asking? I do have an in warranty Huawei switch so that might help but they've bent over backwards to be helpful. They gave me all the files that are blocked behind tac (or whatever Huawei calls it) after I just asked. I had to register my server and that was a pain but after...
  9. G

UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

How much for the 5 jbods? Can you do palet delivery to Portugal (if so how much, assuming pallet is cheaper, if 5 boxes is cheaper that works for me) ?
  10. G

Both the Cisco and the supermicros are much louder btw. And the Cisco doesn't even have controllable fan speed.
  11. G

Cheap, quiet, Standart. These are still the best servers for a budget v4 lff build. They still have a lot so if you offer 70 lr 80 for the barebones you'll probably get it.
  12. G

Replacement server option - Gigabyte R282-Z92 a good option?

LOL no. It's v4 hardware. A sm 2u chassis isn't worth anything worth mentioning. I can get complete v4 12 lff servers for 200€. Saying it's worth 600$ just means you're terrible at buying used gear. Used for probably tens of thousands of hours hdds under 6tb (and even 6tb is generous) aren't...