Recent content by gregsachs

1. G

USB C/Thunderbolt hub

The lenovo usb-c docks are available very cheaply on E-Bay, and should work well for your needs. There is a wiki that compares them here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/wiki/newdocks/#wiki_40an_-_thinkpad_thunderbolt_3_workstation_dock_.2F_thinkpad_thunderbolt_3_dock_gen_2 The 40AN is well...
  2. G

Server/CPU recommendations for ESXi host for Blue Iris, Linux media/file/web server

If you don't need a lot of direct attached storage, something like a lenovo/dell/hp tiny with vPro for remote control could work, support 32-64gb of ram, and have an I7 or i5 with quicksync. If you need the 4x 3.5" drives, something like a P330 SFF, again with quicksync and vPro would work...
  3. G

SAS Expander does not detect more than 8 drives

Dumb idea-have you tried all of the BP ports individually? (IE are you sure you don't have any dead ports on the expander?) Will they all individually see drives?
  4. G

SAS/HBA SFF-8088 Maximum bandwidth and recommendations

I have not played with the HPE unit. I have a Netapp ds2246 in my basement that definitely works with SATA drives, with a caveat, they are only seen by one of the two controllers due to not having dual path. I think there may be some trays with SATA/SAS interposers that would solve that...
  5. G

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Question about the 7250-48p, on 9.0.10; the cli seems slow and laggy at times. Is that normal?
  6. G

EXPIRED Brocade ICX7250-48P ($105/ea OBO + Reasonable Shipping)

I plugged a camera into each to see if it powered up.
  7. G

If you do the config upload at the 8.0.80mc step, when it gets updated the update will translate dual mode. I haven't played with/don't know differences besides cosmetic. Edit: basically all moved to the 7250, with one exception; one patch cable too short for the ~4" lateral shift of the...
  8. G

I did a tftp download to a text file, from enable prompt: Copy running-config tftp “IP Address” “Filename.cfg” That got me the current 6450 config. I then used fodesha's guide to get the 7250 to the 8.0.90mc version, which is the last "old" format version. Once that was done, I pasted the text...
  9. G

Got mine today,good shape mechanically, one ear dinged up and had to be reformed. One port seems to be dead POE, but the other 47 are ok. Not sure if the port is completely dead or not. Otherwise probably going to pull all the wires out of the 6450 and power it down tomorrow AM.
  10. G

I did get a $95 auto-accepted at ~11PM eastern time yesterday.
  11. G

Cool, thanks! So basically set different VE IP for the switch management, copy config file, get firmware to 8.0.90, get firmware to 9.x, then profit?
  12. G

in for 1; I posted in the mega-thread as well, but... If I have a 6450-48p, can I copy the config file to this and go?
  13. G

Apologies if this has been asked; I searched but couldn't find a clear answer. I just ordered a 7250-48p to replace my 6450-48p. Can I backup the config from the 6450 and restore to the 7250? Obviously need to update firmware first.
  14. G

SAS/HBA SFF-8088 Maximum bandwidth and recommendations

Any ability to use breakout cable direct to the HBA and test that way? Would isolate issue to the cable..
  15. G

Generic adapter for 2.5" disk in 3.5" hot swap bay

Or the Dell one which is totally passive...