Recent content by Greg C

1. G

FREE: Various Supermicro fans

I can use four of the 0099L4 units, if they are still available. They look to be the quietest of the bunch... I'm just down the road in Tucson. Many thanks! :) PM on the way...
  2. G

FS: ProLiant ML350 G6, Cisco, Quadro, Memory, and much more

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm gonna hold off on upgrading my vidcard after all. Sorry for the false alarm! :rolleyes:
  3. G

FS: ProLiant ML350 G6, Cisco, Quadro, Memory, and much more

Hey, you might sell something here yet! :D Do you still have either of these cards?
  4. G

ALL SOLD

Coolio. I'll take all three, and will get some PP loot to you this evening. Thanks.
  5. G

ALL SOLD

Still have these guys?
  6. G

Mining: AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon

Joel, One more thing about the 61xx G34 Opterons. When running in quad socket systems, the CPU sets aside 1MB per 6-core die for a cache snoop buffer. See AMD's 12-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron 6174 vs. Intel's 6-core Xeon With Monero being so cache sensitive, this might be a significant issue...
  7. G

More threads = more cache misses and more RAM access. What sort of memory configuration does that beast have? One or two DIMMs per CPU may (?) be strangling the system bandwidth.
  8. G

Joel, the 61xx performance is almost tragicomic. I can envision the screaming fans and wildly spinning power meter thrashing wildly to poop out ....450 H/S. The AES crypto performance probably explains the puzzling price of the Bulldozer / Pilredriver based Opteron CPUs. I'm another Noob...