Recent content by GreenAvacado

1. G

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

I doubt ASPM will add much to power saving because PVE hardly puts any device in idle. Plus, the assertion that idle power is 11W is slightly misleading because once you have 10G SFP connected, power hardly every drops to 11W and stays well over 20W based on my experience.
  2. G

Getting vPro remote KVM working on Minisforum MS-01

This is cool. So in the i226-LM port connected RJ-45 to USB serial port in this case? Is there anything additional need to enable TTY?
  3. G

Thanks for confirming the PVE host boot error with ZFS. Error must be "Failed to flush random seed file: Time out" in red text, at least that's what I was getting. And issue is not PVE host or ZFS but this particular enterprise NVME. ZFS works just fine on regular NVME. I could not figure out...
  4. G

Let me get this straight, disk that was previously having trouble with problematic M.2 slot, works perfectly fine on the other M.2 slot? And now the good one turned bad? If that's the case ouch, tough luck, sounds like bad M.2 slot. But before giving up, I would try a third know working spare...
  5. G

I too am using the PM983 3.8TB SSD and can confirm it works. One question for you, did you ever install Proxmox host on this disk with ZFS and boot off of it? This version of drive fails to boot with ZFS but works perfectly fine with EXT, which makes me believe this some funky vendor locked...
  6. G

I have not seen anything like that happen. Sounds like faulty NVME? Are both NVMEs disappearing or just one that is in supposedly faulty M.2 slot? What if you swap the drive location?
  7. G

I think 140W, it is going to be a stretch even if you use more beefier power supply than 180W the machine came with it. I very much doubt on-board voltage regulator on such tiny form factor was designed to handle >75W that PCIe slot can provide, unless you plan on supplying addition power...
  8. G

I see what you mean now, thanks for confirming that. Sounds like it was designed that way to offer structural rigidity, making it not so tinkering friendly in process by plastic welding those rivets.
  9. G

I find myself in similar situation and want to check what you exactly mean by plastic rivets and and plastic clip. Are there two different retention mechanism?
  10. G

MS-01140mm Blow Job (NSFW)

Man, that looks the real pain in the ass. Will push my luck anyway to remove that back plastic bracket, hopefully without breaking those retention clips. In my case, I need to remove the motherboard, first by taking out 4 mounting screws and then removing the plastic bracket to make room to...
  11. G

Haha you're right I must get my eyes checked. BTW, did you ever remove that backside plastic bracket? I would love to know how easy or difficult it is.
  12. G

Interesting mod there. Good job! What variant of MS-01 is this? My impression was that all of them had grilled case little push button and pull out mechanism, not 8 screws like you have show in this picture.
  13. G

Thanks for the insight, figured that is one possible route I rather not take having applied liquid metal a month ago, hate to remove it all and redo. Pain in the butt.
  14. G

Sad to report my failed attempt in getting this PCI card installed. Sadly my fear came true, not enough clearance to tilt and slide the card in. Mere 1cm legroom would have done the trick. To made the situation worst, chassis is a unibody on the edges, so disassembling won't help either :( I...
  15. G

Unless fan is running full blast I'd be worried and would watch out of the SMART temperature and number of temperature warnings the NVME it picks up. Even these enterprise drives are rated for 70C operation and temperature warning is used for warranty purposes. Something to keep in mind...