Recent content by godless

1. G

FS: (3) Supermicro MBD-A1SAI-2750F and (1) case

I think you meant to say "Possibly cheaper to get the Avoton up and running", because again, I can get it up and running for less than the price of the Xeon board by itself. Ergo, there is no way it can be cheaper to get the Xeon up and running. We now resume our regularly scheduled For Sale...
  2. G

Kind of an "apples-to-oranges" comparison, don't ya think? Granted you get a bunch of newer stuff on the X10 board, but only half the interfaces and cpu. You'll also pay more for DDR4. I think it really depends on your use case which is better. For $350, I could take one of the used boards, add...
  3. G

I've been lucky picking up some Xeon-D gear recently, so it's time to sell off my Avoton gear. I have (1) new-in-box Supermicro A1SAI-2750F and (2) used. The new in box has never taken out of the box or static bags. The used ones do include the faceplate. The new one sells online for about...
  4. G

X10SDV-4C-TLN2F used on ebay

Thanks patchate, I grabbed it.
  5. G

WTB: Avoton board/ram plus small case.

I'm getting ready to swap out my server for rackmount. It's a A1SAi-2750F in a DS308B with a IBM M1015 and Noctua fans. I currently have it on a picoPSU just for the inside space savings, and am running 32GB of the Kingston ECC memory. I also have a new-in-the-box UNAS NSC-800 w/the USB3.0...
  6. G

FS:Supermicro X8SIL-F LGA 1156 Bundle, SM Sata DOM 64GB

Dumb question: can the SM SATA DOM be used in non-SM boards, assuming you either have a yellow SATA port or power pins? Also, does your come with the cable?
  7. G

Smoking hot deal: Quanta LB6M 24-port SFP+ 10GbE $500 BO

FWIW, they accepted $450/ea for 4 switches on the second batch of 10.
  8. G

Mellanox ConnectX-3 2-Port MCX354A-FCBT (56Gb IB / 40GbE) $150

Seller has posted another 60 of these, in case you missed out the first time (like me). Mellanox Connectx 3 FDR Infiniband 40GIGE MCX354A FCBT Low Profile | eBay
  9. G

cr0ntab's Garage Sale

Just wanted stay the ERLite and Kingspecs arrived in perfect condition and give my man cr0ntab a bump!
  10. G

AOC-3008-L8i: which firmware to use? Supermicro or Avago?

I just got my first one and it shipped with the current Supermicro v6 IR firmware. I wanted IT mode for ZFS, so I reflashed via UEFI to Supermicro v6 IT. But I see Avago offers v8 for the LSI 9300-8i card and that there is also an updated BIOS available. My understanding is that the AOC is the...
  11. G

cr0ntab's Garage Sale

Are these Kingspec SATA DOMS the larger format that sticks up and over to the side, or the smaller format that just sticks up? Example image of up and over to side: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71JGF2eUL3L._SX522_.jpg Example image of straight up...
  12. G

For Sale: Server and Networking Parts

Anyone heard from this seller recently? I've messaged them twice to buy an item (at their asking price) in the last 4 days and although I've seen them log in multiple times since then, they haven't replied.