Recent content by Gnodu

1. G

Avago 9305-16e for $133 + ship in CDW Outlet

The last time I tried to order from CDW (very reasonable/somewhat discounted price), I got a call trying to upswell me on RAM and drives, when I politely declined, and said I wanted them as-is (Cisco server blades with 384MB of RAM and Xeon gold chips- in a manufacturer-sealed “factory buy” (or...
  2. G

[US-IL][WTB] 32GB DDR4 2666 - complete

@Hazily2019 just posted a ton of ram that fits your description- check His thread? Am not related in any way- just happened to see your post and trying to be helpful! ;)
  3. G

FS: Lots of Supermicro servers/motherboards, DDR4 RDIMMs, drives, etc

PM sent about some of the RDIMMs. Thanks!
  4. G

Intel 8124m board compatibility

For anyone looking for the PX-DNGL-01 (For modding Infineon VRMs using PowerCode- this is the specific licensing dongle noted a couple of pages back... PXE1610C, to be exact), Digi-key is now showing it backordered, but shipping on 12/20. If you want one, might want to consider putting in an...
  5. G

Xeon 8259CL

Confirming what Rollo said- spoke (Via email) to the Infineon helpdesk folks today. DON’T buy the USB005 (like I did). quoting: USB005 works with all GUIs except PowerCode. PowerCode is the only software you can use to communicate with PXE1610C. I asked them where I could get the part...
  6. G

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

@Patrick and @NateS - Thanks. I have no idea what to call the format (Other than “Ruler”???), but edited my original post title/comment to reflect your notes here. Obviously, I never meant to misrepresent! Looking forward the upcoming article about the EDSFF platform.
  7. G

@triples - Thanks, I didn’t know this. This seller is always very clear that they have no intel warranty, so higher than average fail rates is a big concern. It sure would be a dense option tho, looking at some of the supermicro ruler drive models— but filling one up with 24 of these (assuming...
  8. G

Thought I would post this one, even tho I am not sure if it is a great deal or not. Note that these are ruler drives, not m.2 or 2.5” PCIe. In other words, you’ll need the appropriate adapter...
  9. G

Upgrading a DIY NAS using a Thunderbolt PCIe card

I know far, FAR less about Thinderbolt than you do. However, as I was reading your blog post, I wondered if the Mac mini actually has enough bandwidth between the storage (I am presuming it has only the M1 integrated SSD) to saturate a 40GB link? I am not sure how many drives it would take to...
  10. G

150 IP Camera Server Set Up - DL380 G9

I hope it’s helpful, @Zeevy... I was burned by a few of these, obviously. One thing I forgot to mention... Make sure you carefully pre-plan your POE switch (or injector) locations. I recently re-did a couple that “grew” over time, and it vastly simplified the cabling. (color coding and cable...
  11. G

150 IP Camera Server Set Up - DL380 G9

Before you pull the trigger on any hardware or software, you probably should look into some of the other options, like BlueIris- I would especially recommend the forums there. (Blue Iris - Index page) I run 20 cameras on BI, as between 4MP and 8MP, mostly on continuous record, at 15-30fps...
  12. G

ES Xeon Discussion

@RolloZ170 Thanks much for this list— extremely helpful!
  13. G

HP DL580 Gen10 Quad Gold 6230 256GB Ram for $11567 in CDW Outlet

So... they marked it down to 9242.99... what seems odd to me is the 4-6 week lead time on a used-like new that has supposedly already been technician checked. This is just a little bit overkill for my home use case... but I am sure I could find something for it to do! :) Might need to add one...
  14. G

Help buying rtx 3080

I agree, EVGAs process was painless. Even when UPS “lost” (tracked it somewhere in remote CA town loocationss, then it froze for a week) my 3090, once a reasonable time had passed, their customer service folks took care of everything. (And he was even proactive about outreaching to me- despite...
  15. G

Interesting Datto / Asrock Rack Xeon D-2143IT motherboard for $500 on ebay

Just out of curiousity, I went looking for the lan mezzanine card. Looks like a nice one (IMO) Intel 557-AT2 for dual 10g at low power. link: ASRock Rack MP-557R2 Module