Recent content by GMATJ

1. G

HP P420 Smart RAID Controller with 1GB FBWC HANGS HP Workstation Z440

Hello again Glad to hear that more guys (YardBouncer) have adopted the "disable option rom" solution. After some time now system is working fine. However P420 (and I suspect P812 also) run very hot. It seems that some or even more than extra cooling is needed. So I added a blower on top of...
  2. G

Hello again Just to report back to the forum - Here is my 2 cents : After a nerve braking say and a strong wish to put the controller (and the PC) under the wheels of my car and hear withe pleasure the crashing sound I have found a solution to the problem. I went to BIOS PC and specifically to...
  3. G

I could try tomorrow when I get to the office , however I am not quite sure why that would make a difference if the pc hangs just after Raid controller initialization !! - it seems is BIOS related as it never goes beyond that stage to even try to boot ! There must be something in the...
  4. G

Hi and thanks for the reply System running Windows 10 Pro/64bit BIOS ver before upgrade : V1.15 BIOS ver after upgrade : V2.48 (see picture from array Config BEFORE update) P42o firmware : 6.68 Some more info Using Legacy boot : SATA SSD is using MBR connected on SATA 0...
  5. G

HP P420 in Whitebox Server

Hello everybody I got a similar problem and I posted on the forum https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/hp-p420-smart-raid-controller-with-1gb-fbwc-hangs-hp-workstation-z440.25084/ My system is HP Workstation Z440, with HP P420 Smart RAID controller System hangs after controller...
  6. G

Hello everybody I got an HP Z440 which was on Bios ver. 01.55 (23Apr2015) with a P420 Smart Controller. PC was running Ok . - Boots from SSD on SATA and uses RAID as storage Yesterday I upgraded BIOS to latest version v2.48 (11April2019) and when PC is booting initializes Smart Controller...