Recent content by Glock24

1. G

15$ Dell Wyse 5060 Thin Client

There's a listing for 3x Wyse 3060 *with* power adapter for $65 https://www.ebay.com/itm/126234825843 I got one recently and they all work great.
  2. G

Crazy 32GB DDR4 ECC 3200MT/s UDIMM Pricing Crucial mta18asf4g72az-3g2r $60.48/stick for new customers

I want to upgrade my Xeon E5 v4 to a Ryzen setup, still waiting for DDR4 ECC UDIMM modules to get cheaper. DDR4 RDIMM modules are dirt cheap. The 32GB Crucial modules with discount are ~$74 right now, which like half than a year ago, but 32GB RDIMMs are <$30. I'll wait a bit more...
  3. G

X9SRL-F POSTs only via BIOS recovery process

The board no longer POSTed and I could npt log into the IPMI, no matter what I did. I disabled the IPMI and it booted correctly. I enabled The IPMI again and it booted every time now and now I could log into the IPMI. I reinstalled the IPMI firmware and reset to defaults. Then tried to rewrite...
  4. G

X9SRL-F POSTs only via BIOS recovery process

About a week ago my server with X9SRL-F stopped responding so I had to do a power reset. It didn't post, IPMI also didn't work. I powered it off, disconnected the power for a few minutes then powered it on and gave me that error "recovery image not found". Power cycled it again but now no...
  5. G

Memory type for Poweredge servers

It probably only takes ECC UDIMM modules. You could try using non ECC to see if it boots and doesn't complain about it.
  6. G

Post highest hours HDD you have for the end of 2022

Intel SSD 320 80GB used as Proxmox boot drive. 81k+ power on hours.
  7. G

Radeon Pro WX5100 $105

You can find more information about it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-pro-wx-5100.c2873 And for gaming performance I found this:
  8. G

16GB Intel M10 Optane M.2 SSD $15.50 New?

I have one 16GB I removed from a new laptop some time ago. It's NVMe, not SATA, won't work as SATA. What I've noticed is that after sitting a while it reports errors, requiring a full erase. This has happened twice. I just use it for tinkering with some SSF devices.
  9. G

Radeon Pro WX5100 $105

And power consumption of the WX7100 is about twice that of the WX5100, the WX7100 is longer and requires a PCI-E connector. There are applications where low power consumption and a compact size are a better fit.
  10. G

Radeon Pro WX5100 $105

You don't need a PCI-E power cable, consumption is below 75W.
  11. G

Radeon Pro WX5100 $105

I saw these about two months ago for about $80 from one seller but were gone when I decided to but it. Since then I've only seen them around $180 when/if you find them. This was listed today, seller accepted $105 for one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/325486210117
  12. G

INTEL DC S3610 1.6TB 6g/s 2.5" SATA MLC SSD - $90 w/ free shipping/returns

Got my dirves today, they all are 0 POH, 0 writes and 0 reads and were powered on 3 times. They are new! Forgot to take snapshot, so connected the drive again and now it shows 4 times powered on.
  13. G

Micron 5100 eco 960gb 2.5inch $70/each, obo

Got no refund, the answer was return the drives, I explained the return shipping was more expensive than the drives themselves, they just said thet because I was using a forwading service no refund would be provided. So they got a bad review.
  14. G

Do you retire your spinners when health drops below 100%?

You may not have data corruption but sure you'll have degraded performance.
  15. G

Want to build a new server

You could reuse the case and PSU, but it all depends on what other peripherals you will use (you may need a bigger PSU). Will you be using Windows Server as the virtualization platform? You may try using something less resource hungry like Proxmox first. What game servers will you be...