Recent content by Ghstudio

1. G

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Why not take the easy way and use a usb Ethernet adapter?
  2. G

I have a 5070 (j5005) which I am ready to sell...but I first want to clear the disk of any personal data. What is the best way to do this without stressing the eemc memory? Currently it's running Windows 11 (pre-release)....but previously it's run Debian 10.
  3. G

The question is whether you need proxmox at all. I haven't found a reason to move to proxmox, other than educational and intellectual curiosity. If you do want to run proxmox, the next question is do you also want to run a desktop on the same 5070 or are you just running a server. If it's a...
  4. G

I have been running Home assistant under debian 10 and docker for a couple of months on a 5070 j5005 with 8gb/128gb. I can find no significant difference (to me) between the 5070 and the equivalent NUC7PJYH. The 5070 does not have an hdmi port...only displayports, so an adapter is needed if...
  5. G

I purchased my 5070 used and the only thing missing were the three screws that hold the cover in place. Does anyone know the specs (size/length) of those little screws? (one would think there's standardization, but the screws from a 5020 are narrower than the screw holes on the 5070).
  6. G

I am using a 5070 (J5005) for home assistant and want to add multimedia using my TV and sound system for music and movies. I am running Debian 10 with docker (home assistant/PiHole), but I could easily move to Ubuntu or other linux distributions or run everything under Proxmox. After much...