Recent content by gb00s

1. gb00s

EU WTB: 100, 200 or 400GB SAS SFF SSD's

I'm looking for max 6 *100GB up to 400GB SAS SSD's (not NVMe) with 200GB size preferred to set up special dataset VDEV's. I'm fully open for offers but will only consider prices below eBay (at least 10% ). Shipping in the EU preferred, but if prices from US or somewhere else are 'fine' then ...
  2. gb00s

Proxmox - ZFS Disk Failure vs Smartctl Report

In a first badblocks -v (read-only) test there are no errors. Will run a badblocks -nsv ... from tomorrow over the weekend. Smartctl long-term also gave no errors again. For now just cleared the errors and made a scrub. Everything is online and normal again.
  3. gb00s

Ok, thanks for both of you guys @Rand__ @ttabbal I have 3-4 spare drives. Ok I will make a scrub, clear the errors and will move the drives then. After that I will make a badblocks test with '-nsv' option and check HBA + cable. Then probably replace the drive if I see errors again. Just dry...
  4. gb00s

I'm experiencing a ZFS disk failure (1) for the first time since I'm working with ZFS. This disk is in a Raid10 pool. The strange thing is that different smartctl reports were given during the last couple of weeks. Sometimes with an error. Sometimes without an error. I always just made short...
  5. gb00s

Reducing SATA power consumption

Want to share an article I found about the power consumption of SATA drives in 'med_power_with_dipm' mode. Link1: Reducing SATA power consumption | Insanity Industries Link2: libata: Add new med_power_with_dipm link_power_management_policy setting - Patchwork I wasn't aware of this mode...
  6. gb00s

MS RDS server: How to publish multiple Putty instances with different config files for different users ?.

Can't you restrict users from SFTP over SSH with match user policy in sshd_config? Then the user could get his own ssh_config via mobaxterm on his own Win desktop. I have to test this over the weekend. But Guacamole might be already the right solution for you.
  7. gb00s

MS RDS server: How to publish multiple Putty instances with different config files for different users ?.

I may totally misunderstand your goal, but have you checked Bitwise or MobaXterm where you can predefine connections for each user?
  8. gb00s

Proxmox - Disappearing Datasets

Thank you, to both @WANg && @Wolvez I deleted directories /storage/*. From the logs, I can see that ZFS mounts 'very late' in the boot process. I have chosen the 'dirty' way and set a '@reboot root zfs mount -O -a' in /etc/crontab. I always recommended Proxmox under version 5 due to its super...
  9. gb00s

IB - CPU Frequency Mismatches - Sun Falcon (Mellanox MHRH2A-XSR)

I have a little issue while testing InfiniBand connections. While system (Bios-wise) is set to performance and the CPU governance is set to performance, I still receive the message/alert/warning of CPU frequency mismatches. Both CPU's are E5-2673v3's. The cards are old 10EUR eBay findings of SUN...
  10. gb00s

So I understood you correctly. If zfs filesystem is mounted it shows, as expected, the following: If the filesystem is unmounted it shows, also as expected, the following: And that's correct because the directory ../Backups was created in Proxmox for the purpose of saving backups there...
  11. gb00s

Of course, when used first it was empty. Later directories where added. It's not and wasn't blank at all. Or I do not fully understand your question.
  12. gb00s

HBA passthrough best practice

That is the only expected and logical behavior. If you pass through your iGPU to the VM, of course, it's not available for the host anymore. That's the same expected behavior for Proxmox. Anything else would involve a second dedicated GPU. I'm just curious why you need to pass through your...
  13. gb00s

Nearly 'everything'. But I was able to mount it manually again and to set overlay and provide new cache config. I'm just curious why one or the other host looses it's cache config and fails to mount. If I would have removed log/cache or so, I would understand. But the pool was untouched for weeks.
  14. gb00s

EU [WTB] Fusion-io - Looking for low profile bracket

I'm looking for up to 5x low-profile (short) brackets for Fusion-io/Sandisk cards.
  15. gb00s

No, this issue is not solved. I have the same behavior on another machine now. I made a 'Backups' directory under my 'storage' pool and scheduled some backups overnight for daily and weekly backups. Unfortunately, the pool must have kind of 'unmounted' itself, as all the backups were done and...