Recent content by g0dM@n

1. G

If domain controller goes down, how to access ZFS shares

This is valuable info. I just want to know how to bypass in case I "permanently lost my domain" -- Of course I have a means to prevent that, but I always assume the worst. I'd hate to lose access to all data just b/c of the domain being gone. I'll keep this in my back pocket. And no I don't...
  2. G

Yeah, well it's a home setup, so running two domain controllers on the same server/storage may not do me much good anyway. I had Veeam backups to a separate NAS and recovered it, but was hoping there's a way for me to create a local account in Napp-IT that can be used to map to the SMB root...
  3. G

My domain controller went down, long story. I'm in the middle of recovering it, but I hate how complete access to my ZFS shares over napp-it is a dud. I have the napp-it root and admin passwords, obviously... I was hoping that the root account could map the SMB share somehow, but I couldn't...
  4. G

Migrate Napp-It from old server to new (complete rehaul)

It doesn't work. It gives me a parsing error I've tried that command even with vers=1.0 and it doesn't work. I have to put it in this format: //192.168.xx.xxx/shares/xxxxxx /media/xxxxxx/ cifs vers=1.0,credentials=/home/username/.plexcreds,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0 The above works like a...
  5. G

Thanks! Do you think this is my likely problem with Ubuntu only being able to mount if I use smb v1.0? Just change minimum to 3.0 and try again? I've no idea what else this could mess with.
  6. G

Thank you. My issue is that ubuntu would not mount unless I specified as SMB v1.0. I'm not sure if napp-it is only allowing 1.0 or I'm doing something wrong through Ubuntu. When I tried v3.0 via automount and then test with "sudo mount -a" it only works if I put v1.0 in the code, as such in...
  7. G

Alright, I'm 95% complete with this rehaul! Two more things to complete. I haven't touched SMTP alerting just yet, but I did get my snapshot and scrub schedules all done up. Got my Veeam backups going for all of my VMs to my napp-it repo too. Assuming the SMTP info you gave above works, this...
  8. G

OmniOS 151032 stable

That's good to know. Thanks, bud.
  9. G

OK no SLOG then. That's good to know and makes sense. I'm throwing my VMs on an NVMe on PCIe right now and backing it up with Veeam to a ZFS share. Napp-it is also on that NVMe, so I may move it off to a SSD... I'm guessing napp-it doesn't need to be on NVMe, so putting it on SSD it can be...
  10. G

OmniOS 151032 stable

As far as I can tell, everything else seems to be performing fine, so I've no idea what this is about. Should I look around for broken SIDs on my shares? I had done a huge cleanup, but you never know... All I did was map a domain admin to the root user as seen below. I used the equals symbol...
  11. G

OmniOS 151032 stable

Sorry, silly me I thought I had quoted "nle" from page 1, post #5. This is what I've been getting:
  12. G

OmniOS 151032 stable

I'm running a fresh install of r151038 and napp-it (installed a few days ago) and seeing this in console, though everything performing great. I only have one user mapping of domain admin to root.
  13. G

Thanks for the info. I'll try SMTP when I get a chance. I'm migrating another pool via robocopy for various reasons. Combining two old ZFS pools into one larger one. I have plenty of space right now. How do you have ZFS use RAM for caching? I can throw a ton of RAM at this guy if I wanted to...
  14. G

I finally figured out the permissions issue and got my shares back online!! When I first built napp-it I didn't have a windows domain, so I created accounts in napp-it, made matching local accounts in windows (username and password match perfectly, yes cases must match as ZFS required that -- I...
  15. G

Sick of the issue above, so I built a new napp-it from scratch, no AIO. Installed OmniOS r151038 and ran the napp-it install from there. I imported my original pool and see all data and disks, but I am having the issue I tried so hard to not have to deal with... that damn guest account is using...