Recent content by fvanlint

1. fvanlint

10 Toshiba SAS 2TB USD 299,99

Well, I paid €350 ish for the lot of ten drives including shipping and import charges. So around €35 per drive. Which is pretty good by EU standards.
  2. fvanlint

My thoughts exactly! They are going to be put into service in an ex-coraid srx4200 36-bay 847 that I also found through this forum!
  3. fvanlint

Thanks for sharing that, I will be sure to check their firmware version as soon as they arrive.
  4. fvanlint

Thanks! Jumped on it in the last minutes [emoji3]
  5. fvanlint

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

So, I am now the proud owner of a Brocade TX24. Or at least, that what the system tells me :) @fohdeesha talked me through the process, but it was actually pretty easy, once I got it going. Before we could get started, I had to solve some other problems: I was using a usb-serial adapter on my...
  6. fvanlint

Awesome! It would probably help to make this as visible as possible. What is the discord invite url?
  7. fvanlint

Fingers crossed
  8. fvanlint

UBNT 10gbe EdgeRouter Infinity

Awesome! This will go perfectly with the 10 gigabit residential fiber that people in the municipality of De Wolden, Netherlands are building! (Yes, really, see Glasvezel de Wolden | Voor bewoners, door bewoners) We just have to wait till it's out of beta.
  9. fvanlint

HPE J9150A work well for me in both x520 and lb6m. Ymmv.
  10. fvanlint

Have you checked the Fastpath documentation inside this drive folder from one of the earliest pages of this thread: This google drive link was posted earlier in the thread Specifically: This Fastpath document I think that pretty much all commands in that document should work, but I still have...
  11. fvanlint

EU Supermicro 847 36 bay chassis with board, HBAs, NIC, etc - £350

So I managed to enable IPMI on this CORAID machine by following these steps: Reboot the box, and hit the Del key to get to the BIOS setup. If the BIOS requests a password, the old Coraid BIOS password is pwzm. Find the IPMI tab using the Right Arrow, and hit Enter to bring it up. Hit Down...
  12. fvanlint

By hitting f2 and/or del while the Coraid post screen shows, you can get into the bios. But it needs a CURRENT password, which I of course do not know.
  13. fvanlint

You are probably right. But I have a few ide/sata to usb adapters laying next to me, so it might be a bit easier that way.
  14. fvanlint

Thanks, I will check it out. I saw the post above yours stating that the machine does not boot from usb. I thought to try the internal USB or otherwise image the DOM for archival purposes and overwrite Freedos on that. If all else fails, I could use an old 2.5" laptop sata with some linux to...
  15. fvanlint

Mine also arrived today. I bought the silver one. All 36 caddies accounted for. Also: 5 x aoc-saslp-mv8 SATADOM (I presume 128 mb as well) Intel PT 4x gigabit (will replace with dual 10gbe sfp+ card) 6 gb ram Have not checked the xeon type yet. Also checked corOS, based on plan 9. Pretty...