Recent content by Fritz

1. Fritz

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

Just offered $13 each for two. Why not. EDIT: Offer accepted.
  2. Fritz

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

Hmmmmm, will I have buyers remorse if I pick up a few of these?
  3. Fritz

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

Here's a shot of my caddiless enclosure.
  4. Fritz

I have an old caddyless enclosure that I was surprised to find did work with SAS drives. Hooked up a Dell H310 and it works perfectly. So I wouldn't no without knowing for sure.
  5. Fritz

What a cute little HBA, LOL. :)
  6. Fritz

Quanta QuantaGrid D52B-1U - Skylake, 25GbE NIC, Rails - $324.99 + SH

Given the number of fans, I suspect these things sound like a tornado.
  7. Fritz

WL 4TB SATA $14.99 Ebay scam and dead

Could be a bit of stupid involved.
  8. Fritz

EXPIRED US - Lenovo m75n Nano, 200 USD (CDW Outlet)

Me too, had to replace my projector. Need to lay low for awhile. :(
  9. Fritz

16TB WD Easystore External USB 3.0 Hard Drive $254.99 @ Best Buy

In today's world, if you want to be successful in business you need to learn how to take advantage of stupid people. If you don't your competitors will and leave you with no business. Big numbers echo in the heads of stupid people, this is a well known fact.
  10. Fritz

Need some basic Linux help

When I installed Linux Mint Cinnamon I enabled auto login only to find out later that if you do the computer not automatically connect to network shares and you'll have to input both passwords before you're connected. This is profanely stupid but not as stupid as a total lack og information as...
  11. Fritz

Would you buy a spinner HD with 70% health?

To me that would be an act of desperation and I would only attempt it if the drive contained irreplaceable data. But what are the odds that someone has a drive with the same exact PCB.
  12. Fritz

What's the best way to purchase 500TB of drives?

"cheaply" may be problematic. Buying that many HD's is bound to get you more bad ones than you'd care to deal with unless you can insure they are pretested. Most seller use stupid terms like "great shape", "excellent", "tested", etc. which mean absolutely nothing.
  13. Fritz

Would you buy a spinner HD with 70% health?

I keep seeing these pop up on eBay and people are actually biding on them. No way would I ever buy one but can't help wonder why people do. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=8tb+sas&_sacat=0&_sop=15
  14. Fritz

Is there an up to date guide for installing ipmiview on Linux?

Yea, it will run like that but there's a couple of problems. The font is wonky and hard to read and KVM redirect doesn't work. Probably has something to do with Java. :(