Recent content by Fritz

1. Fritz

Inspur 3008it controller doesn't see SATA drive

After further testing it seems to be an issue with the size of the drive. Any drive less than 12TB works just fine, 12TB and above are not detected. Think i'll try cross flashing to LSI and see what happens.
  2. Fritz

Mine connect thru an expander also.
  3. Fritz

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

I'm currently working on an issue where the Inspur doesn't detect a SATA drive. Stand by.
  4. Fritz

Nothing wrong with the drive, It's a Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB drive. I've never had a situation where an SAS controller failed to see a SATA drive. Any ideas? EDIT - OK, I replaced the Inspur with a Dell H310 and it detected the SATA drive without a problem. Whatever the problem is it's with...
  5. Fritz

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

I agree. But a few members here would consider the cost of the cable to be a factor. I'm not one of them.
  6. Fritz

Could somebody tell me what "100% Tested" means?

Lots of HD's on eBay say they're "100% Tested". Sounds like 100% BS to me but what do I know?
  7. Fritz

But the cost of the cable needs to be factored in.
  8. Fritz

That first HBA is old as dirt. the second would probably work but there are better deals to be had on ebay.
  9. Fritz

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

Hmmm, all of mine did.
  10. Fritz

Supermicro X11-DPi-NT for $273 OBO. Shipping from CA extra.

I recently bought a cheap Chinese HDMI 4 port KVM switch from Amazon. i think it was like $49.00. It came with the cables and they're standard HDMI and USB cables. It works perfectly, in fact, i bought another. My previous KVM switch cost me almost $300 so this is truly a bargain. The only...
  11. Fritz

Supermicro X11-DPi-NT for $273 OBO. Shipping from CA extra.

Shipping is a deal breaker. They can keep it. :p
  12. Fritz

Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $66 NEW

the damage is only cosmetic ?
  13. Fritz

I want one

I recently bought a E50-9AP-N5 for $75 NIB. It's Atom based and has 5 network ports. It's also fanless. I'm using it as a OPNsense box and it works perfectly. Doesn't have IPMI, wish it did. But the price was outstanding compared to what they're selling for now.
  14. Fritz

I want one

Supermicro's new fanless mini server SYS-E302-12D-8C sporting a Xeon D 1736NT 8 core with all the fixings. A bit pricey but no real competition as far as I know. Supermicro IOT/Embedded System (SYS-E302-12D-8C)
  15. Fritz

Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $66 NEW

Anyone who has ever dealt with Toshiba's RMA dept. Knows it's not the most reputable company. Took me almost 2 years of constant nagging to get them to send me my replacement drive.