Recent content by fridgespacer

1. F

And so it begins... First AMD Ryzen AM4 server motherboard.

I thought I'd read some problems with pci passthrough and 3.30 on level1techs. Maybe it was specific to KVM. I'll give it a shot.
  2. F

Can anyone confirm that PCI passthrough works with the 3.37 BIOS?
  3. F

It's almost unbelievable to me that asrock doesn't have TLS for their bios and bmc hosting. They just recently started providing sha256 sums of these images. Shame.
  4. F

That looks pretty exciting, might be a good target for my next router to route 10gb across VLANs
  5. F

I'm running 128GB on the X470D4u using 4x M391A4G43MB1-CTDQ If you go to order those modules they'll show up as M391A4G43MB1-CTD on a lot of sites.
  6. F

I haven't checked that yet, I'll have to trigger a backup while I'm awake. On my desktop, which uses the same board but earlier BMC version, I don't see this issue when backing up from the nvme devices, which are in a two-drive mirrored zpool. Different OS as well. Desktop runs arch and server...
  7. F

The local IPMI interface(/dev/ipmi0) on my server's board seems to become unavailable during periods of high disk load. Specifically when I'm running backups to a zfs array connected to an HBA. Any ideas what's causing this?
  8. F

I wrote a python script to control fans connected to this board. It checks CPU temp once a second and HDD temps once every 180 seconds, both of those vars are configurable in the script. I hope it comes in handy for some of you. lethargy-navigator/ast2500-fan-control
  9. F

I'm seeing a delta of 15-20C between the CPU temperatures reported by ipmi and lm_sensors. Does anyone know which is going to be more accurate?
  10. F

Has anyone run across any resources for manual fan control with the AST2500? I'd like to be able to control fan speed with ipmitool. PS I have 2 of these boards now, just stood up a server with a 3700x and 2x 32GB ECC DIMMs. Everything is working smoothly so far on proxmox 6. BIOS 3.20 and BMC...
  11. F

I didn't investigate much. The DIMMs are: G.SKILL Model F4-2133C15S-16GIS
  12. F

I received my X470D4U earlier this week from Newegg. The original idea was to use my existing desktop memory on this board, but that didn't work out when the BIOS detected 64MB per DIMM. I received 2x KSM26ED8/16ME today, enabled ECC in the BIOS, booted into Linux, and dmidecode is showing ECC...