Recent content by Free_Norway

1. F

Proxmox VE Build Questions

A little update after some month, haven't had time lately. Proxmox box up and running with a 8 disk RaidZ2 ZFS pool ->started with 5.0 Beta 1, now on 5.0 migrated al of my data(media, music, pictures...) to the ZFS pool sharing all the data via Samba and zfs set sharesmb=on xxx ->working really...
  2. F

Hi Thanks for all the replies. In the meantime I have set up a OMV VM and test the sharing from there->samba sharing to Win10 doesn't seem to be that stable. I pass-through the whole SATA controller and after installing the ZFS plugin I can see and configure the ZFS-pool. But the ZFS-pool is...
  3. F

Sorry I wanted to ask if the message/alarm should show up in Proxmox?
  4. F

OK Thanks for the quick answer. When I check zpool status I get a degraded state of the raidz2 that I play with. what kind of message/alarm would you get from pulling a sata cable?
  5. F

What would happen if one would put 1x 2TB and 1x 1TB partition on the 3TB drives and make a 6 disk + 2 partition raidz2 and a 2 disk + 2 partition Raid1 or Raidz?
  6. F

Oh I forgot to ask something about ZFS: when I try failing disks(deleting a partition that simulates a disk) I can't se any indication of a failed drive in Proxmox. Is that right? Have I missed something?
  7. F

Hi vl1969 for my setup raid1 or raid 10 is no option, loosing half of the disks for redundancy makes no sense for mediafiles/non critical data. I will in the end not use different sized disks, the setup get I'm playing with to options: - borrow a NAS/4 disk pool to temporarily store the data...
  8. F

Sorry, didn't explain good enough! The Windows KVM guest with pcie pass-through was an attempt to get all data on the windows install moved without having another machine->I will do this now by moving the disks and raid-controller to another machine I can borrow. On the firewall part: I have a...
  9. F

I have actually thought of that, but one of the things that got me trying Proxmox where the virtualization features. I have many boxes that I would like to virtualize->pfsense firewall, homeautomation setup/server, mediaserver.... But maybe I have to reevaluate what is possible to accomplish...
  10. F

A little update: I have messed around with around 6-8 Proxmox installations and tried out many of the build-in features->overall I like it :) Since the start I have changed to a new CPU/motherboard combo and have struggled to repeat my good KVM Win 10 tests. Since I only have one server chassis...
  11. F

Thanks for the reply sno.cn some questions: what does the "bind to /export" do? when google zfs topics, is it important that is about ZoL or wil FreBSD/Oracle info be the same? why would you prefer to use a LXC container over a e.g. KVM virtualization I ask because I have never used LXC I...
  12. F

Thanks for all the feedback
  13. F

Hi Patrick Thanks for the reply. I have used that guide when i played around with Proxmox and a ZFS Raidz pool with 4 drives. I got it working without any hickups, but iam not shure i would know what to do if something would happen. Does Proxmox show status information about the ZFS pool?
  14. F

Hi I'am new to the forum and hope to find some answers/help For years i have used various Windows version with a hw raid controller as my home server/nas. I have now played a little bit with Proxmox and i really like it->having tried most Linux/FreeBSD NAS OS'es The last setup i played with...