Recent content by fnc1

1. F

Norco 120mm Fan wall

Anyone happen to have a fan wall for the 120mm fans they might want to sell? I found them on line 25$ at amazon, 11$ at ipc. But thought i would ask here first.
  2. F

Looking for SFF-8087 Cables

Anyone know where to get a decent deal on some SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 cables? Also anyone have any recommended brands or ones to stay away from? looks like most deals are ~ 10 bux each Coboc 6 ft. USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 5-pin Male Cable (Gray)-Newegg.com...
  3. F

WTB: Chenbro ck23601 or uek23601

Looking for a Chenbro 36 port card, If you have one send me a PM and let me know what your wanting for it.
  4. F

Toshiba 5TB external drives

Here's my post from back in 2012 on the 3tb drives... if you wanna open them without damaging them. Toshiba announces 12 new 3.5"desktop drives I kept all the boxes and everything incase i needed to return one for warranty... But i did the same thing cuz they were quite a bit cheaper! I've...
  5. F

How to link two cases so that you need only one power button

So I'm sure someone has done this and there has to be a few ways to do it... But my raid is near capacity I want to add a second case with a lot of drives in the second case I only want the following: -sas expander (chenbro) -pe-2sd1?? -power supply I want to run a SFF-8088 from case 1 (with...
  6. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I did talk to the seller (I made an offer for no hdds, got mine with 0 sleds) seller said it was in the disclaimer that it came with no extras, even though I wanted the sleds just NO Hard Drives... The seller offered them at 5 bux a piece... anyway, I found someone selling 12 for 40 bux on ebay...
  7. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Those of you who bought this auction: Dell C6100 C6105 Cloud Server 6X 1 8GHz AMD 6 Core Hex Core 144GB RAM 3X 250GB | eBay Did you receive the HDD Sleds??
  8. F

Anyone running ESXi on a HP DL160 G6

wow... if they show up back in stock - i might pick one up.. but dont know what id do with it now ;)
  9. F

4port nic on vmware's list for 25 bux

ill let you know - have a friend that bought one... one slot is for memory, and the other is for anHP NC524SFP Dual Port 10GbE Module 490712-001 Optional module...
  10. F

ill let you know - have a friend that bought one... one slot is for memory, and the other is for anHP NC524SFP Dual Port 10GbE Module 490712-001 Optional module...
  11. F

quad port low profile nics

Woop just got one of these http://www.sandirect.com/documents/netxen_NX3-4GBT.pdf for 39.45 (now i need to find two more that work with esxi) VMWare shows that its supported up through 5.5 - so keeping my fingers crossed it meets my needs... VMware Compatibility Guide: I/O Device Search
  12. F

hagak: why would you avoid passthrough? (just wondering the thought process here?) From what i understand things like PfSense work best that way? i found some full height cards for 25 bux, posted in the deals section, vmware docs says they are supported.. so if anyone needs a cheap card...
  13. F

HP 491838-001 Hp Nc375i Quad Port Nic Adapter In my search to find a low profile quad port nic I can across these FULL Height cards for 25 bux.. It says its a multifunction card, I see you can add a memory stick and their is some slot on the back of the card for what i don't know... But...
  14. F

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Do the slots in these definitely require half height / low profile cards? or can a full profile card be used?
  15. F

hmm that wont work want to use these for esxi.... guess i need to find a compatibility list