Recent content by Floggedhorse

1. F

Windows 10 failed to initialise Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT :(

Its a Intel chipset Issue - I guess!.... Mine worked, then didnt, then did .... try the experiment and remove the graphics card
  2. F

Just for completion - one new MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbonn AC mb Sacrificed 8 lanes from the graphics cards (1% reduction in performance supposedly) Dont forget to set Samba access :) if accessing Linux Tweek your windows host file Now what can I do with the spare 4 lanes?
  3. F

Now I feel like a little boy who's poked his head into the big boys room :) Cheers
  4. F

Upgrade :O dont tell the wife ... and here was me thinking I had an all sing dancing machine.... Mind me asking what mb you went for?
  5. F

I feel like a fool :( Now works perfectly - I guess I need a better motherboard ... more money :( Many thanks though, you saved me lot of hair pulling ... especially when hair is a rare commodity these days.
  6. F

Sir I can see Error code 43 if that helps
  7. F

Hi Bought two cards Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT CX311A ConnectX-3 EN 10G Ethernet 10GbE SFP Network Card for a Peer to Peer (Ubuntu to Windows 10) First didn't initialise - then initialised - now not :( Try swapping cards over - no change Tried without fixing card, just in case screw...
  8. F

Mellanox ConnectX-3 on ebay look strange

Many many thanks. Will take your advise and start small, especially as I'm peer to peering between windows and Linux Many thanks .... my money survived the night Think I'll spend a tad more and purchase something more standard such as this way more availability of drivers and hopefully...
  9. F

Mellanox ConnectX-3 on ebay look strange

Hi - "head on block time, so swing away" - as I'd only ever heard of Mellanox ConnectX-3, an hour ago, and my money is burning a hole in my pocket :).... has anyone tested these, are they going to achieve .... "it can run 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 40Gb Ethernet, or InfiniBand at up to 56Gb per...