Recent content by flashdisc

1. F

10 and 40 Gb networking on the cheap ($5 - $10)

@hmartin Regarding the "non-fit" of the NIC - my bad, cutting the rear of the PC case was required, the adapter and NIC do align with the PC slot after removing the NIC slot bracket.
  2. F

HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 533FLR-T does only offer 1 or 10 GBit speed - no 2,5 or 5 GBit ?

Thank you for the info @AndreiL and @RTM . So in the end - for home usage - what one is saving in purchasing 2nd hand 533FLR-T nic's one can spend otherwise in terms of switches or Laptop 10 GBit adapters. Again - home usage - since mentioned HPE nic needs a DIY adapter to run in non-HPE...
  3. F

HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 533FLR-T does only offer 1 or 10 GBit speed - no 2,5 or 5 GBit ?

Hello, is it possible to set up the NIC with 2,5 or 5 GBit mixed mode? The NIC HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 533FLR-T does only offer 1 or 10 GBit speed, no 2,5 or 5 GBit inbetween in Windows 10. TrueNAS only shows a 1 GBit connection as of yet since I do not have another 10 GBit card. HPE...
  4. F

first of all a big Thank You to this forum for your patience and competence. Especially a large Thanks to @hmartin for selling me the adapter I do have a new question: Is it possible to set up the NIC with 2,5 or 5 GBit mixed mode? the NIC HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 533FLR-T does only offer 1...
  5. F

Thank you for the clarification, I got it now. If it's working with the modified Rev A. than it is good to go.
  6. F

@hmartin thank you for you answer sysmocom has confirmed that it indeed is revision A I am curious: wasn't revision B to work out of the box with the 533FLR-T? Yes, I am interested in your offer, I will send you a private message. Best
  7. F

A big shout out to @tsys and @hmartin for spending time and effort into this topic. I would like to purchase 2 adapters for HPE 533FLR-T 2-Port 10GbE PCI-Express x8 Network adapter cards (RJ45 ports). Ideally I want the adapter to be Plug and Play - no soldering etc. Where may I buy those? I...