Recent content by fitzpattywagon

1. F

24 port HBA

thank you @umadbruh but I think I want to use my m.2 for cache i am currently researching a new sas expander (6Gbps) that does NOT require a PCI slot. i think THINK this will be cheaper than a new hba or backplane but more research needs to be done.
  2. F

24 port HBA

Also would upgrading my Dell h310 serve any benefit? I suspect no but want to confirm
  3. F

24 port HBA

thanks @kpfleming updated the post above that is a a valid option hmmmmm.
  4. F

24 port HBA

Correct the backplane has individuals connectors @kpfleming so what im synthesizing (can you tell i was just in a meeting with a lot of managers?) option 1 - get rid of the HBA and SAS expander and get a 24p HBA == ~$600-700? option 2 - keep the HBA and limit the number of disks to 14 option...
  5. F

24 port HBA

@UhClem fortunately/unfortunately the mobo was a gift so i will be using it but it does have 8 x 1G RJ45s fed from the mobo and i attempted to multitask and replied incorrectly i will not be direct connecting at 10G it was at 1G so all NICs will be from mobo with the PCI x16 slot going to SAS HBA
  6. F

24 port HBA

more info Northeast USA case supermicro SC846 (fan and PSU mod) around 12-16 drives ish running unraid as a hypervisor moving from 2.5in satacache to nvme cache too network is only 1g but will direct connect 10g to a truenas/ZFS box for local backups any advise is much appreciated
  7. F

24 port HBA

@BoredSysadmin I use SATA exclusively @RTM I actually might be mistaken here. Currently I have HBA - Dell Perc H310 (IT mode) SAS Expander - HP 468405-002 24-Bay 6GB SAS Expander Backplane - BPN-SAS-846TQ Current is Motherboard - X8DTE-F CPU x2 - Xeon L5630 swapping out to supermicro...
  8. F

24 port HBA

Looking to upgrade my old 3G HBA to 6G looking for what models to start looking into? LSI 9305-24i HBA came up but i was hoping for more budget friendly options. Thanks!
  9. F

FS: All gone

if you end up parting it out i would be interested in the LSI 9305-24i HBA GLWS
  10. F

Supermicro X12STH-LN4F & iGPU Passthrough & IPMI/BMC

By chance is anyone trying to get rid of this CPU/MOBO?? i am interested i somehow missed this platform and it would be perfect for what i need. Thanks!
  11. F

[WTB] xeon d cpu/mobo and ram

also considering intel atom C358, C3758 or C3958 ideally would have an NVME slot too
  12. F

cool i have the chassis just need the cpu, mobo, ram but if i am open to buying and removing it from a full solution. i could be open to multiple boards.also open to the amd epyc embedded 3251 if someone has that
  13. F

Got a xeon d based motherboard that's collecting dust or that you want to get rid of? I am interested in picking up a 4+ core solution with ram to use a backup /test system. I'm located in the Boston area but shipping is fine too. Cheers!
  14. F

How to start learning switch APIs ?

starting with Network modules — Ansible Documentation and seeing how far i get.