Recent content by exvarkin

1. E

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Would you expect any benefit going for the rps-15 in this case?? e.g. heat/fan noise/efficiency, or just get whatever has the best price.
  2. E

Regarding the 6610, is the non PoE PSU (DPS-250AB-96 I believe?) compatible with PoE modle? Obviously no PoE at that point, but would the normal switch still operate? I'm currently powering my second 6610 (removed faulty PoE daughter board) with the 1000W Rev A. Was think I might try to pick up...
  3. E

I may be experiencing something similar to you. I bought a second 6610 48p. It was listed as PoE failed, and no PSU/fan, but I got it for 25 + shipping and had a spare PSU and fan form my first switch. Figured it be worth the risk for a possible spare. I just got it last night so I haven't got...
  4. E

I knew I read that post, but failed to read/remember the one a few above it: Thanks for pointing it out, apologies for my ignorance. I did remove the one fan modal after the switch was booted, but I never tried booting it up in that state.
  5. E

My 6610 arrived and I was successful in getting it up and running thanks to the info from this thread! Has anyone tried to replace the fans in the two fan modules? I know I read somewhere in the thread that replacing the psu fan wouldn't really be possible. I'm hoping they can be replaced...
  6. E

I've been reading up on the Mellanox connect-3 option and its what my current plan is. Thanks for the confirmation on the license aspect. Might be a bit of a beginner question, but is there any benefit of DAC over fiber other then cost saving if it all in close proximity.
  7. E

So I decided to join in on the fun and ordered a ICX 6610-24-P. First real experience for me with higher end switch gear other then a old gigabit dell. The plan for me is to network my FreeNAS and Proxmox box via the 40gbE ports. In my understanding, I will require a license to be able...