Recent content by EvilMagpie

1. E

ES Xeon Discussion

Eh, I found an actual SRCKF 6122 for $60. I'll grab that and not worry about it.
  2. E

ES Xeon Discussion

I see BIOS 3.6 is now available -- is that going to fix things or make things worse?
  3. E

ES Xeon Discussion

Interesting, I bought a QJW0 a couple of years ago and I've never gotten it to work on my X11SPL-F. It powers up but it doesn't POST. I have BIOS 2.1 on that one. A vanilla retail Xeon Bronze 3104 works perfectly fine, though. For all the sellers with a QJW0 at the moment, it looks like there's...
  4. E

ES Xeon Discussion

Does anyone know how Socket 3647 CPUs work on SuperMicro boards? Case in point, I've got a X11SPL-F and I'm wondering if Xeon Gold/Platinum ES's will work on it.
  5. E

Adding a GPU to a Supermicro K1SPE.

Something as simple as adding a sound card generates enough system interrupts (which don't appear to be handled well at all) takes the Cinebench score from 1660 to around 1080. Disabling it in Device Manager takes it back to 1660.
  6. E

It shows up as 5 regardless of which mode I choose. However, Windows 10 Pro correctly sees the system as having 1 socket. You can get Win10 to start in SNC-2 mode, even though it says in the BIOS it isn't supported in Windows: Here, Cinebench sees 128C/256T, CoreTemp sees 64C/256T, and Task...
  7. E

After messing with this machine for a while: 1. The VGA output will hang on 90 - BIOS PCIe Enumeration when booting, however at this point the DVI (or other) output on whatever GPU has been added is now enabled. Switch to that video output if you happen to have the onboard VGA and the GPU's...
  8. E

I picked up this Xeon Phi-based machine for a song. The problem is, as soon as I add a GPU to it, the board gets stuck on 90 - BIOS PCIe Enumeration when POSTing. It boots fine otherwise with no PCIe cards installed. Per this review...
  9. E

ES Xeon Discussion

It would be nice if I could find a board that would actually support the Phi, so that I can learn all about programming CPUs with hundreds of threads. :) I've even picked up an S-code Xeon Phi for not too much at all. But the heat spreader is different and the heatsink clip won't attach correctly.
  10. E

ES Xeon Discussion

Interesting. I've obtained an actual Xeon Phi 7210, and the heat spreader is keyed differently when compared to the QJW0 and the Xeon Bronze. Further, when looking at the underside of the 7210, there are four spots where a 4x4 or 4x6 set of pins are missing; this isn't the case with the QJW0 or...
  11. E

ES Xeon Discussion

The board posts and works just fine with an actual S-series Bronze 3104. It even likes the AData unregistered non-ECC DDR4-2800 memory. Max power usage of the CPU is around 30W, oddly enough, as indicated by Core Temp. When going into AVX mode with Prime 95, it stays at 1.3 GHz. I have a power...
  12. E

ES Xeon Discussion

I have a Supermicro X11SPL-F that I'm trying to use with a QJW0 CPU. The problem is the board isn't happy with any memory I use in it, and won't properly POST. I've tried super-gamer-XMP-DDR4-2800 desktop memory, DDR4 registered ECC 2133, and even a single DDR4 registered ECC 2666 stick. Yes...