Recent content by evanh

1. E

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Just want to say thanks again for your guidance and precedence! My m.2 > pcie riser arrived today so I was able to run both cards on the linux box long enough to flash them including the PSID change. Put the card back in my OpnSense box and booted and... no connection... but then remembered I...
  2. E

Aha! Based on this, I plugged it into the 4x10 port on the 6610 and it's working perfectly, albeit at 10g instead of the desired 40. Let's be honest though, I'm not likely not see any real world difference any time soon, as 10g should even saturate my zfs NAS. I'd love to be able to flash new...
  3. E

Not sure if this offers a hint, but the two ports on the nic do report differently in >ifconfig: mlxen0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500...
  4. E

I did indeed. Even re-enabled and re-disabled to be sure. show run snippet: Current configuration: ! ver 08.0.30uT7f3 ! stack unit 1 module 1 icx6610-24p-poe-port-management-module module 2 icx6610-qsfp-10-port-160g-module module 3 icx6610-8-port-10g-dual-mode-module stack disable stack...
  5. E

Thanks for the reply. I had found that and added the commands, which worked just fine. The interfaces show up in OpnSense, just as disconnected. I just tried connecting the cable in a loop from interface 1 to interface 2 on the mellanox nic, and it lit up just fine, so it seems like there's...
  6. E

Any reason why this QSFP DAC wouldn't work, connecting 1/2/1 to a Mellanox cx354a card in an OpnSense box? Neither the switch nor the NIC think there's anything connected. EDIT: telnet@ICX6610-24P Router#show interfaces brief Port Link State Dupl Speed Trunk Tag Pvid Pri MAC...
  7. E

Shoot, you're correct. I must have reloaded before write mem after that step. Running these two commands and writing to memory fixed it: aaa authentication login default local aaa authentication web default local
  8. E

Hey all, first of all huge thanks for this thread, for the guide and licenses. Just finished the config process on a new-to-me 6610-24p. I'd successfully run the process on a 7150-C12P and three 6450's, but running into a unique issue with this 6610. I've done everything, including...
  9. E

[WTB][US-IA] Brocade/Ruckus PoE ICX6610, 7150, 7250, ideally 24P, but open to 48P for a deal

Hi all, I've been keeping an eye on eBay, but figured I'd post here if someone wants to skip the eBay fees. Based on the prices I've seen, my sweet spot is probably the 6610-24p, but open to a solid deal on a 7150 or 7250, as well as 48P versions (as 24p seems a bit less common).
  10. E

[FS][US-IA] Aruba AP-354 US x2 with mounts, AP-515 US (SOLD)

All APs on the latest Instant OS. Prices are shipped CONUS. AP-515 US: Wifi 6 beast, like-new. I haven't tracked down the box yet (just moved), but will keep looking as that also has the mounts that come with it. Not promising I have that till I actually get my eyes on it. $595 Open-box...