Recent content by esses

1. E

Power pins on a MI50

Hmm. i thought the MI100 was dual 8pin EPS also. I've was running an MI25 as a VM card for a while, and moved to an MI60 to dabble with some AI models. For cooling I found some 3D printed 25/80/120mm fan mounts which work.. okay. I'd still rather be able to slap a waterblock on it though.
  2. E

Info on LSI SAS3408? Got myself a 530-8i on eBay...

Broadcom have apparently shuffled their website around, and many of the links in this thread now appear to be broken. I've been attempting to troubleshoot some performance issues on what should be some fairly fast drive arrays, and think my 9400-8i might be running a truly ancient firmware...
  3. E

Monoblock for H11DSi/H11DSi-NT

Funnily enough I saw this post and decided to follow up with them on that order... ghosted (been a week since i sent the message)
  4. E

EPYC 3rd Gen, Resizable BAR support

Would this work on a Naples powered/H11DSI rev1?
  5. E

HGST 0T01343 Ultrastar 3.82TB U.2 $199 OBO

The two I snagged seem to be spamming PCIE errors, but i'm having a hard time finding useful documentation on whether it's a misconfiguration by me. They're coming off the jnvme port off a supermicro board. I had similar results running them off oculink ports on another server motherboard I...
  6. E

Optane P1600X 58GB $40

RMS200 definitely runs very hot. Had to solder a new fan into mine. Unfortunately, it freezes POST on my H12SSi mobo at DXE - Detect PCI devices. I got the entire system to boot with it attached maybe once?
  7. E

Monoblock for H11DSi/H11DSi-NT

Just adding I also ordered an H11DSI-NT waterblock from Hybrid-Cooling. Said it shipped in September and then..nothing. No tracking number, no response to query (even though my French is abysmal) on their website. So.. consider yourself warned.
  8. E

Overclock your AMD Epyc

So out of interest - Is it possible to upgrade the EEPROM chip in a rev 1.x board without completely destroying everything? Additionally, I use my board for some awful workstation/VM hybrid combination and I'm hunting for exposing further H11DSI BIOS settings such as BAR resize, does anyone...
  9. E

Do Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN 10GbE Cards work in FreeNAS?

So weirdly enough, I upgraded esxi to 6.7, completely reconfigured the network with seperate vmkernels and port groups, and now the dual 40gbe cards are humming along perfectly. I think it might have been a combination VMware issue with their new html5 ui (because frankly the thing is full of...
  10. E

ConnectX3 cards arrived, flashed in Windows 10 correct firmware aaand.. FreeNAS still comes up with a "NO IRQ's left" error message on passthrough, which is still my preferred solution. What a pain in the neck.
  11. E

Looks like it was the Finisar gbic / optical cable. Moving back to twinax gives me a more respectable iperf score and a file xfer in the 300-400mb/sec range.
  12. E

10gbe performance iperf from Linux (Fedora 27) is AWFUL - 13 Mbit/s to the same client.
  13. E

Well, that was odd. Nothing worked four times over with the vswitch configuration, and then suddenly started to. Performance is a little lower than hoped for - iperf3 throws out 2.96-4.21gbits/sec to the client, but it's sure better than 1GbE. I'll keep my eye out for some X3 cards though...
  14. E

Original was 9.10, but upgraded subsequently to 11.1 U2. I installed 11.1 U2 fresh for the new build because I wanted to decommission an old HP Proliant I had previously used as an esxi host, and virtualize the FreeNAS instance under that. It all went quite well, the HBA is passed through and...
  15. E

Looks like they're all sold already. Oh well.