Recent content by Eric.014

1. E

Only sees 1 HDD of 6 when connect DL380P 12xSFF backplane to LSI 9207-8i

Update: Problem solved, yay! I replaced my 9207-8i with an HP H240 HBA card and the problem was solved immediately. I thought there was something wrong with the cable or the Expander chip. So I replaced the cable with a new one and even changed the backplane, but as long as the backplane...
  2. E

I saw a similar problem in the Free NAS forum, but he could only recognize one on the Free NAS and the other OS was normal. He solved this problem by replacing the HBA card, but I am not sure if I can solve this problem in the same way. I may need to check whether it is a software problem.
  3. E

Good question! My solution is not to use that slot hhhhhhh
  4. E

Before that, I tried single-line connection, double-line connection, and switching interface connection, but this problem has always existed. Since I currently only have one SAS HDD, I only use SATA HDD for testing. For RAID card, my current guess is whether the content of the Expander chip...
  5. E

Okay, I will try to swapping HDDs round to see if always the first one can be seen in OS. I changed the position to insert them before, but only one HDD will be displayed in the OS. I haven't noticed whether the HDD that is the first in physical order is recognized. Since I do n’t have extra...
  6. E

Strange things happened. When I started with the installation image of Ubuntu Server 22 on the machine, I could identify the three inserted HDDs( I only used three hard disks for testing ), but when I switched to the installation image of Windows, this problem appeared again (only one HDD could...
  7. E

yes, all HDDs have been initialized to GPT because they have been connected via Fan-out Cable before. The MSM App is also installed through the Windows version downloaded from Broadcom, but after entering the software, I can only see the HP's Expander chip and a "SLOT 0" in the topology, even...
  8. E

update: I updated the firmware of 9207-8i to 20.00.07, but the problem still exists, I can only see one "slot 0" in the BIOS and in the MegaRAID, and the BIOS shows that all HDDs are also in "slot 0" ". Is this what's wrong with the expander chip?
  9. E

If it is not inserted correctly, the initialization may not be completed? But when I entered the BIOS, the system showed that everything was normal.
  10. E

Hello STH, I recently bought a 12xLFF backplane detached from the DL380P with a SAS expander chip. When I tried to connect it to the LSI 9207-8i I used before, I found that after entering Windows Server 2016, only one of the 6 hard drives I inserted was recognized. The strange thing is that in...
  11. E

Converting an HP DL380e Gen8 14xLFF Server to a Disk Shelf

Hey guys, first thank you all for your discussion on the power supply pinout, it helped me a lot! I currently got a 12xLFF backplane(with SAS expander) used by the DL380P, which I have successfully retrofitted to power and get my HBA card to successfully recognize a single hard drive. But I'm...