Recent content by Elmojo

1. E

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

I apologize that this is a bit off-topic, but can anyone direct me to a rail kit that fits the MD1200? I'd love sliding rails, but static are okay as well. I've looked all over, and found lots of options, but can't tell for sure which one(s) fit the MD1200 for sure. The part numbers are all...
  2. E

Yeah, same here. It seems like the unraid terminal doesn't have serial communications enabled by default, or something. I'm probably not using the correct terminology, but you get my meaning. :)
  3. E

Glad to hear you're all cool and quiet now. If you get that arduino serial reset working, please pass the goodness. I'd very much like to implement something similar, if I'm not able to just issue the commands via my unraid terminal. Since no one has chimed in on that front, I'm assuming...
  4. E

I believe that there was some mention of using a USB to serial adapter a couple pages back. I know it's a rather long thread, but it may be worth slogging through the whole thing to get a feel for what's been done and what doesn't work. I have a serial port on my Dell server, but I haven't...
  5. E

Yes and no. You may or may not have to do both controllers. I only had to do one, and only once. Others have reported having to apply the command to both controllers, and sometimes multiple times, to get it to stick. YMMV. ;) My firmware was already at 1.06, so I can't say how that might...
  6. E

No! That will cause potential... issues. Just use the "_shutup xx" command to set the fan speed. Mine stuck the first time and has not needed to be reset. Also, I put mine on 33, and it's plenty quiet. However, my equipment is all in a separate room, outside of my main living space, so you...
  7. E

Quick follow-up... I finally was able to connect to the MD1200 by dragging out an old Win7 box that had a serial port, and physically connecting it. I can run the temp check and shutup commands, and all seems to be working. I'd still really like to know how to access this from my unRAID...
  8. E

Ok, I need a little help here... I have my MD1200 connected to my Dell T630 via a console cable. I'm running unRAID on the T630, so my interface will be via the terminal, I guess? What's my next step here? Do I need to reboot the server and/or MD1200? What command(s) do I type into terminal to...
  9. E

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

I apologize if this has been covered, but honestly I'm not reading 22 pages just to see if this has been discussed. lol I have a Dell T630 server with 2 RAID/HBA cards. One is an H730 in HBA mode, running the internal HDDs. The other is an H810, in RAID (normal?) mode, connected to an MD1200...
  10. E

Max drive size for flashed Dell H310 HBA?

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm about to dive into this very pool, and I'm have a terrible time finding clear answers. This looks like it might be the clarification I'm looking for, if I'm reading it right... So I have a Poweredge T420 with a PCIe H310. Do I understand correctly that...
  11. E

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Hi all, I'm considering buying several of these drives (HGST 0F22794/HUS726040AL4210), and was wondering if anyone has had success in reformatting from 4Kn to 512b for use with a Dell T420 (PERC H310) server? If so, which of the methods described in this amazing thread should I be using? Is it...