Recent content by Edd189

1. E

[WTB] Intel Xeon W-1370 LGA 1200 Processor

What do you mean when you say they were scams? Nothing showed up? Or a counterfeit part showed up?
  2. E

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

Where can I find this 8 M.2 card for $100 more? Link please.
  3. E

Any reason I shouldn't buy an LSI 9400-16i?

I have the same question. At minimum it looks like some expensive cables to make NVMe drives work with this card.
  4. E

[WTB] - Four Low Capacity NVMe M.2 Drives

Pending purchase from SychoSly. Thanks to everyone who responded!
  5. E

[WTB] - Four Low Capacity NVMe M.2 Drives

Surely someone has a few layout around collecting dust, right? I'm upgrading my storage server to NVMe, but looking to prove out the concept with some cheaper drives before I go all in on 32TB worth. Looking for m.2 NVMe, lower capacity is fine, but at least 64GB. Also, sustained transfer...
  6. E

FS: X10SDV-8C-TLN4F

Same! They're harder to find with the SFP+. I see you just snagged a supermicro prebuilt system on another thread. I've been eyeing the 1521/1541 for so long, I figured they are becoming pretty dated by now.
  7. E

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

34W at idle with no drives and one PSU connected to 120V. 40W at idle with no drives and both PSUs connected to 120V. I sacrifice the dual PSU redundancy on mine to save 6 watts.
  8. E

40GbE switch temptation

Bump! Any suggestions for a decently inexpensive 4 or 8 port QSFP+ switch?
  9. E

MikroTik CSS326-24G-2S+RM vs Brocade ICX6450-24

Thanks! Apparently my port counting abilities were off. ICX6450 it is!
  10. E

Also, if anyone knows of a similar switch with 4 SFP+ ports instead of 2, but still coming in at less than 11-inches, I'd be interested to know about it.
  11. E

I am looking at these two network switches and wanted to see if the community had any additional feedback on my feature list. My use case is an un-managed switch in my home (pfsense for routing), but I'm open to learning about advanced routing, VLANs, etc. Mikrotik CSS326-24G-2S+RM Est. Cost -...
  12. E

cheap dual port 10 gbe NICs for most homelab OSes?

Noob question - why buy the 649281-B21 and flash to MCX354A-QBCT when you could just buy the MCX354A-QBCT off of ebay? What am I missing?
  13. E

10GBe vs. 25GBe - Cost Analysis and Part Numbers

Here is what I have for 40GBe fiber parts and costs. I also added an option to buy the NIC cards at 40GBe so I could direct attach my server/workstation to play with, but run the full backbone at 10GBe. That's where I'm leaning now.
  14. E

10GBe vs. 25GBe - Cost Analysis and Part Numbers

Wow! Thanks! I didn’t know I could get a legit switch for that low cost.