Recent content by ectoplasmosis

1. E

raidix eraraid on 4 nvme - request your perf test

RAIDIX are a russian company; their taxes directly and indirectly fund putin’s war machine. Hence, I ditched all instances of their software months ago.
  2. E

AQC111U & Apple Silicon?

We use Sonnet SOLO10G SFP+ TB3 units. Expensive, but work perfectly with M1 Max/Ultra Mac Studios. I haven't found a working 25Gb solution yet...
  3. E

PCIe Gen 4 bifurcation risers and NVMe SSDs

I'm using these cards with ROMED8-2T boards. They should work with any motherboard that supports PCIe bifurcation. The cables are: Supermicro CBL-SAST-0953
  4. E

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

I wasn't brave enough and ordered a couple of allegedly genuine, new Mellanox cards from Ebay... Will see what turns up
  5. E

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

I'm trying to find Connectx-4 dual port 25Gb MCX4121A-ACAT cards new, and failing. I have found some 'Dell Mellanox CX4121C' server pulls, which appear to be the same card. Will I be able to flash these Dell cards with the generic Mellanox firmware? Will they then function as a generic...
  6. E

Wow, very impressive! Are you certain that caching is not playing a role here?
  7. E

Which cables are you using to connect your drives? Have you tried forcing Gen3 link speed?
  8. E

NPS set to Auto, equivalent to 1. Disabling CPU and DF C-States, enabling 'Power' determinism control, max cTDP, x2APIC and a few other tweaks had a large effect on throughput. I've also found EPYC Milan to perform better than Rome with NVME arrays. I've not tested with RAIDIX as I'm more than...
  9. E

Are you sure you're bifurcating the correct slot? If so, are the drives showing up in the NVME device list within the BIOS?
  10. E

Which card are you referring to?
  11. E

Proxmox shared pass through Quadro to multiple VM

How are you planning to present the vGPU-accelerated VMs to the end user? Is there a way to enable the physical display outputs on a GPU and assign one to a VM? If not, which method is the best to present the GUI to a user?
  12. E

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

I’m in the UK, and we’ve procured 12x 7443P CPUs in four batches over the last 6 months, only having to wait a week or two each time. As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, you have to put the work and effort in to source these chips. Repeated calls to multiple distributors...
  13. E

Forgot to update this thread. 2x AOC-SLG4-4E4T-O driving 8x Samsung PM9A3 1.92TB U.2 Gen4 drives, in an EPYC 7443P 24-core system with 256GB 8-channel DDR4. Currently running as an 8-way RAID0 mdadm array on a Proxmox host. Quick FIO direct=1 sequential benchmark showing ~50GB/s read, ~20GB/s...
  14. E

WTB - Mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S+IN

Many Mikrotik CRS3xx switches are in short supply or entirely unavailable due to the Marvell Prestera chips they're based on being hit by the silicon manufacturing capacity crisis.