Recent content by ebroock

1. E

What do the "GF" symbols on the left corner of the AMD EPYC processor cover mean?

GF means that it is a Girlfriend Friendly product, where you will not be blamed for spending a lot of money on it. :D
  2. E

Untrustworthy seller: [Ebay-US] New 18TB WD Ultrastar DC HC655 - $239.95/ea + free shipping

one time in 2019 I had to exchange a external hdd at Bestbuy. I had to wait for them to confirm that it was a real defect and it was refund only.
  3. E

Is is possible to mix Rdimm 2Rx8 with 2Rx4?- supermicro X10SRA-F

I have 4 x16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2400 in my workstation and would like to add more ram, however, I'm finding with good prices only 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400. I can not find enough info if they can be mixed. I would guess using them isolated in banks A and B. Is someone with hands-on experience in this situation?
  4. E

Canada Canada - WD Golds for >50% off from WD Store

update: Now that I was able to see my tracking number, the state is 'Label created'. They still can throw away the label :D
  5. E

The 8TB one that I bought has been shipped.
  6. E

Prices are bogus 1 TB C$ 110.99 C$ 314.99 but I could buy one 8TB :D thanks
  7. E

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX $858USD New

and the link is already dead
  8. E

Add TPM to Supermicro Motherboard?

I have a Xeon E5. From this table our options are only V or V-S. Expanding your question, using V-S and activating TXT support makes sense in a workstation? Is TXT support useful or only adds complexity to manage it locally.
  9. E

HP DL580 Gen10 Quad Gold 6230 256GB Ram for $11567 in CDW Outlet

IMHO, if it works then there is no heresy :D
  10. E

8TB drives for raid - which to get?

I have experience with ST DM 3TB too. I still don't feel like buying ST again. My error was to buy all from same model, I'll never do that again. Now I have a mix of 4TB Toshiba and WD reds.
  11. E

IPMI & Integrated Graphics

If opengl 3.3 support is enough you can just add a cheap Geforce 210 for around $40 each.