Recent content by dsumike

1. D

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Doing some sleuthing, I found an expired ebay posting that had some alternate angles. Looks like Supermicro made a better quality 60mm conversion adapter. https://www.ebay.com/c/1475194734#oid293733356653
  2. D

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Does anyone know what heatsink/fan is used on the X10SDV-12C+ model? https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/X10SDV-12C+-TP8F That heatsink/fan is different than the other models, or at least the fan certainly seems larger than the SNK-C0057A4L.
  3. D

X10SDV-4C-7TP4F Xeon D SAS Controller Overheating?

That's one of the things I was considering. What fan did you use? And do you have a photo of it attached? I'm curious how far those screws went down / if you were able to get it fully screwed into the fan to not have any wobble. The one downside to this method is I wasn't sure how well it would...
  4. D

What thermal paste did you use? I originally toyed with just screwing a fan straight into the heatsink, then I kind of got my mind stuck on a heatsink swap with heatsink/fan replacement, but honestly it's probably an adequate solution to just glue a fan on there.
  5. D

Background: I have this board and found that my CPU temperature would idle around 60 and the SAS2 chip would idle even higher, around 85 degrees. Pushing the system at all would put both into temperatures that made me too uncomfortable to call acceptable. I have my board in a U-NAS 810A chassis...
  6. D

C3000D4U 2TP2OP8R

I was reading the article about the ASRock Rack C3000D4 Series: ASRock Rack C3000D4 Series Embedded Motherboards Announced And saw the title image referenced the C3000D4U 2TP2OP8R. This board looks awesome, but I can't find any reference to it anywhere.... C3000, 8 SATA, 8 via SAS, m.2...