Recent content by drock

1. D

can't update firmware on 9440-8i

What is under pcie subsystem configuration?
  2. D

I think I had issues like this before. It was something with uefi and the pcie slot. Do you have any settings for the pcie slot it's plugged into. Also did you try configuring from the shell? You can boot to the uefi shell and run megaraid from the terminal
  3. D

What motherboard do you have? I forget what it's called but it requires a certain feature to pass through to the controller. I had one card that wouldn't work in esxi, but it ended up being a bad card. The 9441 cards worked fine, the bios was just very out of date until I got them flashed.
  4. D

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

not sure how low they will go, but if you wanted SFP+ instead of RJ45 the same place has these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/391977005455?hash=item5b43a6718f:g:6vwAAOSw3~didCT-
  5. D

Appreciate the help. I think I figured out the issue. I think this is actually Dell card (no labels anywhere). I noticed I saw the subdevice 9441 and the only place I could find that anywhere was the flash file released from dell for their 9440. I grabbed one of their firmware files for the the...
  6. D

I looked at the file in a hexeditor. I do not know exactly what I am looking for but I do see some info in the header referencing the 9440-8i so that is probably a good sign. Here is the command and output I have been using to try and flash...
  7. D

normally I would agree with you, but I find it odd that 4 different firmware files, all downloaded direct from broadcom, unzipped on 2 different machines would fail like this. The readmes all say they are for a 9440-8i and if I do storcli64.exe /c0 show it tells me its a 9440-8i on the machine...
  8. D

I have a broadcom 9440-8i and I cannot update the firmware. it is currently on 50.5.0-1859. I have tried flashing 4 different new firmware files from the latest I could find to what looked like just one version up. They all come back with an image corrupted error. any ideas?
  9. D

s2600cp fan speed

First off I want to say while I am just now registering I have been reading this forum for years. This community puts out a ton of quality information in the server department. I usually am able to pull what I need, but hit a problem that has me a bit stuck and this seemed like the community...