Recent content by doop

1. D

Silent hard drive house - SATA cable length issues

Hi My harddrives are driving me crazy with all their noise so I wanted to build them a quiet box they can live in. I only have 6 harddrives so the plan was to buy some very long SATA cables that would go from my motherboard SATA connectors and into my new silent harddrive box. I went looking...
  2. D

Samsung 983 DCT 1.9TB - how good of a deal for $200?

Will Supermicro give out 983 firmware?
  3. D

Intel SSD 665p lost power loss protection?

https://www.servethehome.com/intel-ssd-665p-series-with-new-96-layer-qlc-nand-debut/ has a screenshot of ark.intel.com with "Intel SSD 665p Enhanced Power Loss Data Protection". However, when I go to Intel® SSD 665p Series (1.0TB, M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x4, 3D3, QLC) Product Specifications it doesn't...
  4. D

For Sale: Intel R2308GZ 2U Server

Thank you! I managed to mount it that way now.
  5. D

I bought the server with rails, but didn't get a rack until now. How do I mount this server in a rack with square holes? The rails has threaded holes, so I don't think I am supposed to use cage nuts with these? I found a bag with weird looking screws close to the rails. Are these used to mount...
  6. D

I've started wearing out the heads of some of the screws used to secure the top cover. Does anyone know what kind it is? It looks similar to what I find when I google "3M 6mm machine screw", except that it's much coarser. All the 3M screws I found have a 0.5mm pitch, but this one seems to be...
  7. D

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Yes. Many of the commands in that manual doesn't exist for some reason. It's a bit weird since the manual is from 2008 and the 1.1.1.8 firmware is from 2012. Maybe it needs the routing firmware. I tried the routing firmware yesterday, but it didn't have have any "private-vlan" commands at all...
  8. D

My switch didn't have that command.
  9. D

Thank you! I think "Private Edge VLAN" is a weaker version of "Private VLAN". It would suit my needs if it was possible to do "switchport protected 0" on a VLAN and not the whole interface. If I can't get private-vlan to work I will just get some more cables and do your method.
  10. D

How do I use the private-vlan feature? I use firmware version 1.1.1.8. I'm able to define the private vlans like this All the Google results says I should use 'switchport mode', but the device seems to know about 'switchport mode' from an Interface context, but the command is broken and doesn't...
  11. D

Is RMS25JB080 (LSI2308) the best choice for Linux software RAID (mdadm)? I want to put 2x2.5" SATA SSDs on the internal SATA and 6x8TB SATA disks in front.
  12. D

Here's a $1.3k switch for you: 18x 40Gig QSFP and 40x 10gig SFP+

Okay are there any other cheap ways to bridge the Gnodal with my 1000BASE-T network? I guess I could put a Linux box in-between, but that sounds slow and wasteful.
  13. D

Here's a $1.3k switch for you: 18x 40Gig QSFP and 40x 10gig SFP+

Does Gnodal support 1000BASE-T SFPs ( 10/100/1000BASE-T SFP Copper RJ-45 100m Transceiver | FS.COM )? I want to connect it together with my old gigabit network.
  14. D

Anyone know if Oracle 7046442 are the 40GbE Mellanox MCX354A's?

What about these? $75 www.ebay.com/itm/112124264874
  15. D

US 4 Node Intel H2000 (2670s) 2U barebones $570 + shipping

Okay I just bought 16x16GB for $350 so I was a bit sad when it's possible to get 256GB for $200 :P