Recent content by djtech2k

1. D

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I'd be interested in the Netgate 4100 but its just pricey.
  2. D

What kind of cost are those boxes? I did a quick glance and I saw some going for > $1k.
  3. D

Well this definitely stinks. I had high hopes to grab something like this and use it as a pfsense appliance. With this experience, I am not likely to do that now. I have been looking for dependable alternatives but there doesn't seem to be many good ones. Seems like the Netgate devices are...
  4. D

Fanless Intel J4125 4x i225 Virtualized Firewall Appliance Review

Just curious if you have setup your device and/or tested it yet.
  5. D

Intel Celeron N5105 Fanless Firewall and Router Units

While I agree with what you are saying, you did leave one part out. That is the quality/durability of the hardware. No matter what kind of support you do or do not have, the quality of the hardware is important. Now of course there is a chance that the boards in all of these devices could be...
  6. D

Intel Celeron N5105 Fanless Firewall and Router Units

What NetGate system would you compare these N6005/N5105 systems to in terms of performance? The Netgate devices seem to have lower hardware specs and much higher prices so unless reliability or performance is a major difference, it seems hard to justify the big difference in $$.
  7. D

I am definitely interested to hear your experience with that N6005 device and how it performs. At this point, that is probably the one I am looking at the most. As I said, I would prefer to get something more commercially supportable or domestic, but that does not seem to be in the cards. The...
  8. D

My network has a lot of wifi of course but it also has a bit of ethernet/LAN as well. I have multiple switches throughout my house in effort to connect all of the ethernet drops throughout the house. As I mentioned, I fear that some of the drops are not great connections and do not get good...
  9. D

I have been using an ASUS AC-68U with a custom firmware for a long time. It has a lot of capability and has worked very well. Sometimes I just think that it could be bottlenecking me as I have a 1Gb connection but I never get close to that on any speed tests. I know that’s not scientific...
  10. D

I have been looking for a pfSense device like this. I am looking at New Firewall Router Jasper Lake Pentium N6005 4 Intel i225V 2500M Nics NVMe 2*DDR4 Mini PC HDMI2.0 pfSense OPNsense VyOS AES NI| | - AliExpress and Industrial Fanless Soft Router Intel i5 8260U i3 8140U 6x 2.5GbE i225 LAN...