Recent content by Dipsier

1. D

SuperMicro 3108 'Bricked'

I got it working! Thanks everyone for all the help and pointing me in the right directions. The solution was: 1. Create a bootable DOS stick using the LSI package from here: LSI MegaCLi (preboot CLi),StoreCLi, MegaSCU, MegaREC, SAS2flash and MegaOEM commands | ServeTheHome Forums 2...
  2. D

I tried - these are no supported commands.
  3. D

Hi JFO Many thanks for your explanations. When you say megacli, I guess you mean megarec3? As I don't think megacli has cleanflash/m0flash commands? It is a good point regarding LSI Recovery image - I will copy the mentioned firmware and there is also an 3108 firmware on there, I will try that...
  4. D

Hi - thanks a lot. May I ask where this is from? It looks like the file is also known as 'megacli.exe' but it is definitely different than the one I already have. I will visit the datacenter again today and give it a try. MegaCLI really did not work, I tried with various methods (with...
  5. D

Actually the command above worked - it's just very slow (I waited around 3 minutes). I now executed the command megacli -adpfwflash -f smc3108.rom -a0 and am waiting since around 5 minutes with no updates - let's see, I'll be patient :) The firmware was erased previously with megarec. Edit: It...
  6. D

I just tried and have the same beahviour as StorCLI in EFI - executing a command just leads it to hang forever
  7. D

Is there a way to restore an LSI 2208 after firmware update failure?

Even though this did not directly solve my issue (I could not flash the firmware after cleaning) it greatly helped to have the megarec and other tools available in an ISO to troubleshoot my issue. Thanks!
  8. D

Hello all, I stumbled upon this forum because of an issue I am having with a RAID controller. It helped me already a great deal - amazing what you guys put together and it helped me already out a great deal. We have a SuperMicro 2028-HC1R ( 2028TP-HC1R | 2U | SuperServers | Products | Super...