Recent content by diogin

1. D

Disappearing M.2 NVMe on Supermicro X11SSH-CTF

My X11SRM-F has a problem of losing NVMe SSDs after reboot, for a long time. After a lot of testing, I have found the cause of the problem: Fans. To resolve it, I took the following steps: First, connect at least 2 Fans, one to FAN1/2/3/4, one to FANA/B. Second, ensure there are no fan errors...
  2. D

Do EPYC Milan CPUs even exist for sale?

I've been told that they are for sale on June. I'm waiting for one too.
  3. D

Two questions on the H12SSL

You can update BMC & BIOS firmware through IPMI/Redfish without CPU & RAM. Just connect the 24pin power and power on your PSU, after the BMC works, you can access it through BMC Lan. License is not needed to update BMC & BIOS firmware from IPMI/Redfish.
  4. D

Tyan S8030GM2NE

There should be no Chinese variations of Tyan boards. At least I never saw that. If you'd like to use Tyan boards as workstation boards, you may need to buy a USB sound adapter so that your workstation can "speak" :) Since I don't know how (and whether) shops in taobao.com ship their goods...
  5. D

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Yes, I checked the spec and confirmed this. My neglect :)
  6. D

Tyan S8030GM2NE

These two BIOS options are requested by me :) I had tested these options, but it didn't work as I expected it to be. Under Supermicro H11SSL/H12SSL, if I set APBDIS=1, Fixed SOC Pstate=P0, DF-Cstates=disabled, then I got a fixed FCLK=1466MHz and MCLK=1466MHz for my Epyc 7502P, which is the...
  7. D

Tyan S8030GM2NE

I had sold out my S8030GM4NE-2T because it has flaw on the physical design of PCIE 4.0, which always reports PERR on BMC and WHEA error on Windows for PCIE 4.0 SSDs. This was confirmed by Tyan support team. The board with above flaw is revision 1.00, and I don't know whether Tyan has newer...
  8. D

H12SSL- 7232p No video, IPMI (seems to be) working

Don't buy UDIMM, it probably won't work. Better to buy RDIMMs listed in "Tested Memory List" in: H12SSL-i | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. I'm using Micron 18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2E1, DDR4 REG ECC 3200MHz 16GiB x8, work with no problem. By the way, is your EPYC 7232P a product unit or an...
  9. D

Sounds likely. I suggest that you stick to VGA rather than GTX760, to test the Mobo, if you are sure that all of the VGA parts are good. In my side, after clearing CMOS, close pin 1-2 of JPG1 and connect the VGA parts correctly, the VGA displays as expected. Notice: It costs a long time (about...
  10. D

It should be unnecessary.. I never do that when checking whether a Mobo works well or not. But if you are to install the Mobo into a case, make sure the screws are in correct mounting holes, otherwise the screws in incorrect position may short your Mobo and damage it.
  11. D

Epyc Milan pricing - educated guesses so far

Leaked info shows there are two SKUs with 7 cores per CCD - 7663 with 56C / 112T, and 7453 with 28C / 56T. But the base clock is much lower than other SKUs. Until now I have not seen any info on the improvement of FCLK. The Rome series have a upper limit of FCLK in 1467MHz. If the Milan series...
  12. D

The CPU & RAM info displayed in BMC web console is, most of the time, not synchronized with your real CPU & RAM. I don't know how to trigger it to update the info, but after some time, it will be synchronized. Currently the firmwares (both BMC & BIOS) have some bugs on reading sensor records...
  13. D

New (Feb. 2021) AMD Epyc Drivers for Windows Posted

Create a folder named "AMD" in your system partition (mostly C:\), and install the chipset driver. It should work smoothly on Win10 Pro and above.
  14. D

Tyan S8030GM2NE

NOTICE: Current BIOS v1.01 doesn't support following options: * Fixed SOC Pstate * DF Cstates While Supermicro H11SSL series support them. This means you CANNOT fix Infinity Fabric frequency (1467MHz for 7502P for example), causing a performance drop under some scenerio. I've contacted Tyan...
  15. D

Tyan S8030GM2NE

NOTICE: This board is NOT compatible with Samsung PM9A1 PCIE 4.0x4 SSD. The PCIE 4.0 interface of this SSD always report WHEA errors, and currently there is no way to resolve this incompatibility issue. WD SN850 PCIE 4.0x4 SSD works with no problem.