Recent content by DieBlub

1. D

EU ebay.de HP DL360 G9 2x2690 V3, no ram, 4xLFF, €149 + 22% off code + additional €11.60 (if ship to Germany)

Hi, I have had my eye on a couple of servers from pio for quite a while. I think they get relisted (because of 0 bids) for auction at the same price for at least 6 months now. Afaik one can send a price offer via ebay msg (even if there is no offer option on the deal). Have you tried that yet...
  2. D

64GB LRDIMM DDR3 ECC ram for $20 or less

Can anyone here confirm if any of the Chinese X99 boards with ddr3 (huananzhi x99-t8/ x99-t8d etc) work with 64GB LRDIMM modules? The official manufacturer page (HUANANZHI X99-T8 Motherboard-HUANANZHI) lists them as taking 32GB max. I would love to get a boat load of ddr3 but the e5-26XX v2s are...
  3. D

SXM2 over PCIe

Sorry to interject. But looking at the SXM2 PCBs it seems like a quite straight forward conversion to PCIe. SXM3+ is a different story, as they also changed the voltage. Has anyone ever found any pinout diagrams for SXM2/3? I searched for a couple of hours but no dice.
  4. D

EU [FS] no Sale

I totally agree, I bothered Rollo with so many questions already and he's always helping out and technically excellent. Great to have him here. Just one question: what store did you get the board from and can you give me an indication of the $$$. I see them going from 1200€+ on Ebay right now.
  5. D

EU [FS] no Sale

Hi Rollo, what kind of board would take the platinum 8468 ES2 QYFP without issue? And what kind of clocks and performance (passmark maybe?) did you get with this chip?
  6. D

EU [EU-SI] Lenovo m75n-iot (not verified) new with linux 179 EUR/win 11 pro 199 EUR

Seems decent if you need that specific size and package. However, it is just about 20%/25% faster singlethreaded (multi about 1%-3% ish) compared to a J4125 or J4105 which you can find in a similar size package f.e. int he Futro S740 for significantly less. Also I just checked that 3050e has a...
  7. D

EU [FS] no Sale

Got the 8176 ES2 QL1F. Quick shipping, excellent packaging. And Rollo answered all of my technical questions super quickly. Would buy again anytime, thanks!
  8. D

EU [DE] Fujitsu Futro S920 -> ~30€!!!

Here you go: Fujitsu Futro S740 ThinClient Intel J4105 1.50GHz 8GB 16GB SSD Incl. Fuss & Netz | eBay I read the have accepted 50€ offers. I hope shipping doesn't ruin the deal for you. And for everyone else, there is also a lively discussion about it here: [refurbished] Fujitsu Futro S740 -...
  9. D

EU [DE] Fujitsu Futro S920 -> ~30€!!!

In case you guys missed it about two weeks ago the seller piospartslap on ebay.de listed the Fujitsu Futro S740 (J4105, 8GB RAM, 16 GB SSD) for 62€. Offers of 50€ were accepted and a Promocode "PROMORESTORE22" could be applied for a total of 45,90€. They still have listings, give it a try maybe...
  10. D

EMC Isilion NL410 HDD support

Hi, does anyone know if The NL410 supports non EMC branded HDDs? How about changing controllers/MBs? And can anyone tell me how loud they are? I'm currently looking at these and they seem to be a pretty great deal for a 36x 3.5" solution with caddies. Any thoughts?
  11. D

Fujitsu Thin Client FUTRO S740 Inofficial max RAM

Hi everyone, I'm currently looking at a bunch of cheap S740 for a little, cheap, lower-powered cluster fun. The official specs claim 8GB RAM max (as does the intel ark page for the J4105 this machine is based on). I now that the Asrock J4105-itx has been tested with up to 32GB of RAM. Does...
  12. D

EU [FS] no Sale

Hi, this might be a bit of a noob question, but are there any boards that take 6330 or 8176 that are not 500€+?
  13. D

IBM EXP3512 or EMC KTN-STL3

Hi, I hope you guys can help me out. I'm just starting my homelab journey and am looking to build a "small" storage solution. I have come across some cheap IBM EXP3512s and EMC KTN-STL3s. I would like to use them as a DAS directly connected to my R520. Can anyone tell me if these support 8TB...
  14. D

1U 12 x 3.5" server barebone with 10GbE - $95 shipped

That's unfair, why can't I find deals like that in Germany :( Lucky bastards you!
  15. D

UK Amazon.co.uk -- Intel Xeon Silver 4112 -- 142£ + Shipping

Even with a used mobo @ ~200€ I feel like this ain't really that competitive. Didn't xeon silver already have trouble competing at launch with Epyc in 2017. Didn't the initial review mention it not being a big upgrade over the e5 v4s? I suspect it's even worse now with the new line-ups and...