Recent content by Diavuno

1. Diavuno

SUPER,MICRO,CLOUD X10SLD-F stuck at system initializing 15

**update the unbuffered ECC does work...
  2. Diavuno

I ordered a kit thats on the supermicro HCL.
  3. Diavuno

HELLO!! I picked up a SuperMicro MicroCloud 5038ML-H8TRF it's a 3U with 8x nodes, each packing an X10SDL-F The plan is to use it as a lab to test/train with various hypervisors and VSAN (each node has 2x3.5) 5038ML-H8TRF | MicroCloud | SuperServer | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc...
  4. Diavuno

DIY UPS capacity upgrade, success and failure

I have a APC smart UPS 2500 tower that is silent when on the utility power.... small fan when on batteries. I also just picked up a used APC smart UPS 3000 2U (part of a cheap rack I picked up) it is nearly silent... slight hum when on utility power. Both run on a simple 48V DC connection (same...
  5. Diavuno

[FS][US-CA-SFBAY] Xeon D-1521 Server | ICX6450 | OCP Nodes | 25U Rack | More

Im interested in a few of those Items, and just across the bay bridge. Do you still have the monitor stands?
  6. Diavuno

vSphere 7.0 and 10Gbe

not officially supported, but for us home users, VMware has a record of being able to install an older version then upgrade... or install the drivers
  7. Diavuno

X8 FreeNAS upgrade X9/10? or new low power CPU?

So, I decided my FreeNAS boxes are way, way way too old. They are all X8 era stuff, around 10 years old. My needs have grown and changed some. Can something like a Xeon D or Atom3xxx handle a hard FreeNAS box and saturate 10G with ISCSI or NFS? Im considering something like the 5019D8-TR12P...
  8. Diavuno

RAID 0 with 1 drive

I seem to recall that samsung consumer drives and LSI/Avago cards do not get along well. Im guessing thats your problem right there A Raid card will provide a VERY slight (if any) boost to speed in random IO. It will not increase sustained speeds. I would not recommend running a RAID card for...
  9. Diavuno

Supermicro(s) post hangs on code 42

I dont remember where the RMA's go... but my girlfriend lives 10 minutes from super micro HQ.... time to get this fixed up!
  10. Diavuno

Sr-iov on ESXI 7.0

I just ordered up a bunch of X520-LR1 everything point to yes it works, but ill test in a few days when they arrive.
  11. Diavuno

pfSense 2.4.5 released

I did ther update on my home PFSense it was done in 5minutes, flawless. did the ones for my business... slower but trouble free.
  12. Diavuno

Thoughts on sound "proofing" (dampening) a Startech 4POSTRACK12U

light foam is usless by itself. your better off having the local hardware store cut some plywood and leaning the boards againts the server... itll keep the noice "in" (noise will reverberate and cancel out some of itself... the more you seal the box the better...but it does needs to breathe for...
  13. Diavuno

So Amazon now won't let you order 'two' many things?

I havent seen that... but I also have a business account and average pretty good numbers.
  14. Diavuno

Headset for Homeoffice

I have a bunch of the M165 units around my house/office. people often said it sounded like I was underwater or windy.... I got sick of it and decided to just throw money at a nice unit. got the PLT V5100, its pretty awesome... wish I got the model with the charging stand as the micro USB cover...