Recent content by Dhiru

1. D

Possible good deal: 400GB Hp SATA SSD $29 shipped

Do these drives have the power on firmware bug?
  2. D

60 port 10G SFP+ switch 250 USD

These VDX switches are not as good as the ICX series. I have 2 VDX6740 switches and they are quite loud and ports are locked down by licenses. Firmwares are also not easily available.
  3. D

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

What's the weight of this units? I am planning to have one shipped internationally.
  4. D

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

Relisted item now has $7.90 shipping cost. Does anyone know about the availability of driver for ESXi 6.7? This would make a good datastore for IOPS hungry VMs.
  5. D

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

How low is the seller willing to go for 1 drive? $115 was declined.
  6. D

Home Network HELP!

Get a raspberry Pi and setup samba on it with an external USB HDD. Should serve the purpose well for cheap if you are not really after performance.
  7. D

Brocade VDX 6740

I paid $100 for both the switches which seemed like a really good price. I got home and upon booting them up, I was a little disappointed that both the switches didn't have any port licenses and I am stuck with 24 ports on both the switches. With that being said, the purchase didn't seem like a...
  8. D

Brocade VDX 6740

Hello STH, I have recently bought 2 VDX6740 switches from a company that was being liquidated. They were never deployed and were brand new. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these switches. I plan to use upto 10 ports for fiber connectivity across my servers and desktops in a...
  9. D

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

You would be better off laying a fiber cable and connecting both ends directly. It's much more futureproof and works better than having media converters at both ends.
  10. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

It's been only few weeks since I bough the FCX switch for really cheap (< $50) hoping it would power my home IP cameras. It did the job well and pretty easily, but I could literally hear it scream through the entire house. I guess the FCX switches are more suitable for datacenter usage provided...
  11. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I currently have a Brocade FastIron FCX648S-HPOE switch and it's too loud for my liking. I am thinking of replacing it with a 6450-48P switch. Will it be a good upgrade or a downgrade in terms of features, power consumption, heat and noise?
  12. D

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

I am using iperf3 inside the tunnel across the endpoints to check for the speed.
  13. D

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

OpenVPN process maxes out a single cpu core at 250mbps with AES-128-GCM cipher and LZ4-v2 compression.
  14. D

15% off eBay on 11/21: Code PICKFAST. 8AM ET to 8PM ET

Did anyone have success using the coupon?
  15. D

STH Colocation Power and Networking Overhaul Today

I am willing to know this too. On a sidenote, why isn't there IPv6 support yet?