Recent content by Devinirv

1. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

The 9271 8i i believe is just a direct cross flash if memory serves me well. That should be a 2208 that ypu can flash as a 2308 just be sure what the card chipset is in megarec first. If i remember back 2 years ago you can flash 9207 8i firmware to that card. If this is a lsi stock card you can...
  2. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Hey so that sbr file if it is from a stock lsi or ibm model will not have the 512byte sbr, atleast mine didn't. It is a direct lsi part number card with a d1 revision. I still have not attempted to write a binary file with all zeros or modify an sbr file to be 512 bytes for the dell cards...
  3. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Hello, Yes the sas2208 uses pci e 3.0 but only on the d1 revision. These cards are almost identical the the sas2308 chip. I have personally flashed a cisco branded lsi 9271 8i to sas2308 IT firmware. This card gained complete functionality as a 2308 hba with out issue other than a loud speaker...
  4. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Thanks for the response. Where does one acquire the 512byte sbr file, I would love to apply this overwrite and see what my results are. When you are referring to backup copy, if I had said 512byte sbr file it would erase this backup. Or is the backup something that I need to somehow not trigger...
  5. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

I'm using megacli. Is this not going to be accurate. So I've though about this a bit more and I feel this issue may have to do with an incorrect empty sbr file. I've scowered and found similar issues with the "writing current Mfg Page 2 settings to Nvram. FAILED TO VALIDATE MFG PAGE 2" this may...
  6. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

so i seem to now be second guessing the pci version. if I use p20 sas2flash it sees it as pci3.0 however i tried using an older version version 5 of sas2flash and it sees it as pcie 2.0 and also doesnt give me a rev of the sas2208 chip. it is a d2 as i have confirmed directly on die. I atempted...
  7. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Ok, so I tried flashing the perc h710p pcie3.0 sas2208 d1 card tonight. Ran the typical megarec commands after I found one that would recognize the card. Backed up sbr and spd then proceeded to write over sbr then clearflash and reboot. Everything was good and successful but then this is where...
  8. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

thanks for the response, right now my supermicro motherboard is recognizing the card as pci 3.0 and the dell card is also running the latest firmware from dell. The card is still under warranty and covered by 24/7 onsite. This card came out of a government system pulled out because it was...
  9. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

So I'd like to revive this discussion again. I have 9 dell perc h710p pci 3.0 lsi cards which are lsi 2208. The exact same as the 9271 8i. I am going to attempt to crossflash thses as I did with my 9271 however I'm a little concerned about the srb and spd files as I think the dell servers I have...
  10. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

I to had the same issue with the screaming speaker. My fix was a pair of channel locks and twisted it off. Seemed to fix the issue . I wasnt to concerned about ruining the card as I have a stack of them from retired servers from work. My lsi card is also a true lsi card, not a add in board 3rd...
  11. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

@vanfawx the lsi 9240 8i is cross flashed already. I was just hoping to use the 9271 but it wont work with my backplane.
  12. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

@vanfawx have you ever had success with the 9260 8i, I've followed the guide on here and flashed my 9271 8i to 9207 8i with great success. Had to track down the correct sas2flash utility to do this in uefi as I have no older bios hardware. I haven't attempted my 9260 yet but it would be nice to...