Recent content by denywinarto

1. D

SM x11sca-f + icydock dual U2 enclosure

I was talking about the supermicro NVME switches, they aren't that expensive, mostly below 200 bucks. Are we talking about the same thing? Curious about the bottleneck issue, which card did you use? Icydock doesn't have the one that is compatible with 22110 unfortunately so i'd need separate...
  2. D

Edit : Sorry just noticed you said u2 drives + dock m2 drives + carriers. X11sca-f doesnt have bifurcation though so i'd need carriers with plx chip or something (forgot the name)\ But I like that idea, since rack-wise it'd be easier to access them and i wont need to take the whole machine...
  3. D

https://www.content.shi.com/SHIcom/ContentAttachmentImages/SharedResources/PDFs/Sandisk-012717-4U60_CompatGuide.pdf 4i4e is mentioned here, which is a bit odd, since technically only the "e" could work for the enclosure so most likely it should work with x4 lanes, but since there are no 4i4e...
  4. D

This the main OS drive unfortunately so it can't be sacrificed. It also has partition for VM images so it needs to be nvme speed. And it's too risky to combine the content with the U2 drive since the U2 drive gets written periodically I'd rather lower and split the card or move it to the x4...
  5. D

It's low priority drives and it's not in raid mode or anything like that, just drivepool, max capacity is 60, but it's half full and probably gonna keep it that way So assuming max speed of HDD is 550 Mbps, even if all 30 were pulled together it'd need 16.5 Gbps (most likely wont happen) A...
  6. D

It's HGST 4u60 JBOD right now it's working with LSI 3008 8e, with 2 QSFP+ cable, but I pulled one of them awhile ago and it's still working so I'd assume it'd work with 4x lanes.. drives are 3.5 inch Got any specific model for this NVME switch? But actually only 10gbase-t could work with Gen3...
  7. D

So i guess i need at least something like 9400 8i8e then? it could work partially right meaning i could plug just one each outside and inside? just googled it a bit, apparently it needs PCIE 3.1 while x11sca-f is still PCIE 3.0, googled again and somebody says it's backward compatible but it...
  8. D

Indeed, intel still the king of transcoding unfortunately, last time i checked emby transcoding was still better using intel than amd, Anyways I might find the solution to my problem, So just found out my HGST 4u60 jbod doesnt actually need both x4 lanes, So something like LSI 9300 4e4i might...
  9. D

Thats the thing, the manual doesn't mention anything about this Sorry should have explained it, I have 2 10G switches, so I need dual 10G NIC. And the LSI card is for HGST 4u60 which is a 60 bay HDD rack. I'm not sure if there are x4 card alternatives for these.. So yeah the lanes usage are...
  10. D

By m2 adapter you mean i should be using the intel nvme drive on sata slot correct? Well its for image booting so it needs to be above sata speed so im afraid its not an option. Its mean to be a drive with as few write as possible to preserve the OS. While the U2 drives are drives that still...
  11. D

Well I have this setup CPU SLOT 4 PCIE 3.0 x8 (in x16) : Intel X520 -DA2 CPU SLOT 8 PCIE 3.0 x16 : LSI SAS 3008 AVAGO (x8 link when SLOT4 is in use) PCIE M2-M1 and M2-M2 (NVME slot) : Intel SSDPELKX010T8 Hard Drive 1T NVMe PCIe3.1 x4 M.2 22x1 U2: P4510 8tb > can be replaced Sata slot : 7...
  12. D

Well if its true I'm out of luck, X11SCA-F only has 1 u2 port and 8i needs 2 u2... Need pcie device then but not sure if i have enough lanes for another one, I'm using 2278G with the following : - lsi 3008 QSFP for jbod rack - dual 10g intel - m2 nvme - 6 sata ssd's
  13. D

Hi guys, about to buy this dual U2 dock but i cant seem to find reliable info whether its compatible or not Have emailed icydock support but they havent replied yet... https://global.icydock.com/product_328.html the cable...
  14. D

X11SBA-F IPMI mouse suddenly stops working

Reboot solved the issue. Thanks
  15. D

X11SBA-F IPMI mouse suddenly stops working

Bad memory > Usually the machine wont boot right? I will check the Bios later tonight