Recent content by Decoy

1. D

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

...Some of us feel like it has only been a month or so! (but thanks for starting it ;)) For anyone interested, I received the replacement 'generic' 1.5m FS.com DAC - it works well! (It does report itself as a 3m length this time though...)
  2. D

So... it turns out I had a busted NIC in my workstation. Doh! Replaced both with s/hand HP 546sfp+ dual cards and now comfortably hit 9.4Gbit/s with 1500 MTU. :cool:
  3. D

Solarflare SFN7501? SFP+ Alternatives?

Lol. That is classic. I was more worried they would be locked to only fibre channel or specific vendor or other limitation. Good to know. I've previously only run Mellanox cards - but for whatever reason they are suddenly more expensive than some of the alternatives!
  4. D

Different speeds to and from on 10G network.

I've got no answer for you (have a similar issue) - but my first thought was the number of retries showing up on your slower iperf3 test. Is there an MTU mismatch or something causing fragmentation or similar?
  5. D

Solarflare SFN7501? SFP+ Alternatives?

Hi All, Anyone happen to have any information on Solarflare SFN7501 cards? Is it suitable for 'normal' 10Gb SFP+ ethernet use? - or am I missing something?! I was looking at the SFN7322F/SFN7122F/SFN7022F which all seem to utilise the same controller (SFC9120)... I just can't find the SFN7501...
  6. D

Thanks. Yup will watch the temps pretty closely. Currently sitting at 75degC on light load ;-s. I too trialed an intermediate solution: I used one of the Delta FFB0412VHN (9500rpm, 45dBA) fans on back and front, along with 2x Noctuas. Unfortunately it resulted in a weird pulsing frequency...
  7. D

Not sure what manual you are referring to but I can confirm that an HPE J9285B (7m) is not 'Aruba Certified' but is working none the less: GE0/1/0 ------- Vendor Name : MergeOptics Gmb Vendor Serial Number : CN34FRP051 Vendor Part Number...
  8. D

Thanks All. I've joined the club with an S2500-48P. Fashionably late to the party - but these still seemed to be great value (despite being complete overkill in my home environment). I could have gotten away with a 24P but those listed were more expensive! Firmware update was easy via USB...