Recent content by Dave Corder

1. D

Engenius ECW230 (Wifi6 4x4 AP) - $125

At the risk of turning this into even more of a generic "what can we do with EnGenius hardware?" thread, here's last night's fun: turning an ENS620EXT into an ECW160. Why do this? Well, the ENS620EXT is old enough that it only works with the EZMaster controller and not the newer Fit Controller...
  2. D

@bvd did you have to do anything other than enter your local VM/controller IP in that field to add the ECW APs to the controller? Does the controller need to be set up with FitRegister or anything? Having some trouble getting slidermike's restored ECW230 connected to a test local controller (as...
  3. D

So, slidermike and I bricked one of is ECW230-converted-EWS377APv3 units trying to get it back to the original ECW230 firmware. I was able to unbrick it tonight, but I couldn't figure it out through the web UI like all the other cross-flashes I've done. So in the end it required serial console...
  4. D

EU site to the rescue! Download Result | EnGenius Networks Europe B.V Doesn't have the .73 release, but the previous .70 release is there Release notes: ECW230 | Cloud Release Note
  5. D

For my next trick, if you want to add an HTTP -> HTTPS redirect on the default http://hostname:8080/ URL for the web console, here's one way of doing it (that I think has minimal risk of breaking other things): As root, grab the nginx.conf file from the epc-api container: docker cp...
  6. D

If anyone with a local FitController install wants to add their own SSL certs to the web UI, it's pretty easy. First, get your certificate and key from wherever you get your certs and copy them to the host running the docker containers (my files are named FitCon.crt and FitCon.key and came from...
  7. D

For anyone running the FitController locally, here's how to get access to the backend MongoDB if you want to poke around. This all needs to be done as root wherever you have the EnGenius FitCon docker images running. To get into the MongoDB, you need to find the key file that the engenius...
  8. D

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

Answering my own question....I ended up making my own cable, and it's working great. It's a JST SH 10-pin connector and the pin-out is straight-through (same order on both ends). I used this kit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PDQKHJ2 for the connector and pre-crimped wires.
  9. D

NEW HP T640 Thin Client Ryzen R1505G 4GB 16GF - NO KB/MOUSE, NO OS INSTALLED - $109

Did you ever try making your own cable for the USB-C module?
  10. D

DIY "Redundant" DC power supply?

Hey all, Has anyone ever used a DC automatic transfer switch, like this or this, to provide some level of redundancy to something that has only a single DC input (like a low-end/SOHO switch or router that doesn't have dual power supplies)? For some background, I have a small wall-mount rack...
  11. D

It's been a fun journey for me as well, with all the tinkering I've done (mainly on my EWS850-AP that I finally successfully converted to an EWS850-FIT and added to my local FitCon). So far everything seems to be working as expected in the local Fit Controller with the converted devices - I can...
  12. D

And now one of my ECW230's is an EWS377-FIT and registered with my local FitController (EPC = EnGenius Private Cloud, I assume).
  13. D

Best rack mount case with support for 24 drives

Second the SuperMicro SC846 line if you can swing it, though. Build quality is excellent (noticeably better than my Norcos). Only thing they don't meet in your requirements is the ability to use ATX power supplies (unless you completely remove the redundant PSU cage and power distribution board...
  14. D

Best rack mount case with support for 24 drives

I noticed these (and similar) on AliExpress recently: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832816929964.html and https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803000226526.html Shipping is killer, though (you could try contacting the seller(s) and getting a more accurate quote or see if there is a...
  15. D

Engenius ECS2512FP $300 (offer) - 8x2.5GbE POE++ and 4xSFP+

Thanks. Any info you have would be helpful. I stayed up way too late last night mucking around trying to reverse engineer the Fit Controller serial number validation stuff. With a little sleuthing on Google, I was able to dig up two valid serial numbers for FIT devices: 2330GC11FMX9 for a...