Recent content by dasbooter

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yes I was. With the xb6 in bridgemode the Linksys R8000 does all the routing(which is better) but the R8000 is also the AP for everything wireless in the house and now it is relegated to the basement. The savages are getting restless lol is there any hope with the current hardware to solve the...
  2. D

Can somebody take pity on me and just get me up and running. I am trying to get to number 2 in the picture if that's possible. Its just a matter of infrastructure and positioning of AP's right now. My ICX 6450p is set up as per instruction by fodheesha with one Vlan. I think this would be a...
  3. D

I feel bad but is there anyway somebody could add to the sticky a serial console cable buying guide. All cables are not available in different places or are for whatever reason more expensive. I have looked through the thread and some of these cables would ship from overseas from where I am at...
  4. D

Definitely. Thanks for the clarification. It's not easy to source these switches where I'm at, and I'm left with some questionable situations. I might have to bite the bullet and pay the premium and (gulp) shipping/import fees from ebay
  5. D

Very new to switches here. I've found what I believe is a brocade 6450-48p switch from an online seller. He mentioned that the switch is not gigabit and said he also has a Cisco switch that he could sell that was. When I asked him about it (I thought all 6450 switches are 24 or 48 port 1 gig...