Recent content by Dariusz

1. D

Building render farm E5 v2 motherboard

Hey I'm thinking of building render farm, 5-10 pcs but I'm not sure which board to get, if any. Can any1 recommend any 2cpu board that support v2 e5s ? I want to threw 10-12 cores on them once they become affordable. (UK) Regards Dariusz
  2. D

16+ x1gb+ & 4x sfp+ 10gb switch?

Hey Thanks for info! Yeah I been reading them slowly. I plan to use 2-3 10sfp to use for nas, 1-2 for workstaiton and 5-10 for render nodes. Atm I was leaning towards HP PROCURVE 2900-24G SWITCH + 2x expansion 10gbs card. I'm just not sure if 1 card = 2 ports = 10gbs each or if each port if...
  3. D

16+ x1gb+ & 4x sfp+ 10gb switch?

Hey Does any1 know of any switch either sfp or 10gbaseT with 4 ports + 16 or more 1gbs ones? Regards Dariusz
  4. D

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

Wow that some amazing ninja stuff! Keep at it if u can update bios to support v2 xeons that would be insane :D I emailed foxconn for extra bios but they never replied :- (
  5. D

It dont sound correct. Not sure tho what CPUS u have. Check in bios if its declocked to 18x multiplier on CPU or its max. Make sure if u want to set it to Max + turbo boost. Regards Dariusz
  6. D

Motharboard don't care about the fans. U can uplug it all. Unless I missed something. But u can get power from ATX> u can use converter Sata> 4 pin > fan pins. Keep in mind you need to cool ram. Ram gets very hot. It will restart without cooling on ram.
  7. D

Mobo control speed of the fans. Not sure if u can configure it to not do it.
  8. D

Hey I'm using Silverstone SST-AR07 CPU Cooler - 140 mm silverstone ar07. 1 fan has to be rotated 90 degrees to other one as there is 1mm overlap in heatsinks. You screw it on the motherboard. Plug and play. You plug 4 pin PWM fan to motherboard fan socket. Fan speed up/slow down if its 4 PWM...
  9. D

Nope not sure... it felt like standard ATX... I think u can plug it in to any case but I'm not 100% sure. Don't take my world for it.
  10. D

Its loud... as loud as 2U 6100/HP SL nodes. Its 40mm fans... they dont mess aorund :D They are noisy. Just saying that u can cool it down via normal ATX coolers.
  11. D

Hey You buy the node. You unplug all the 40mm fans. You buy 2x Silverstone SST-AR07 CPU Cooler - 140 mm - you can get them cheaper. You then buy extra 120mm quiet fans for ram as it can get hot and then you have silent render node. Plug and Play. And yes node control speed of fans and...
  12. D

Hey Do you have any manual or info as to how I can set up the remote console or something? I'd like to log in and also see what is there but I never did it and I have no clue where to start, Any startup suggestions? Regards Dariusz
  13. D

You seem like you know what you are doing o.o. Do you think there is a way to update bios to support V2 cpus? On a side note you can also use this for SFP conversion if u want to go down to 1gb 10Gtek® for Cisco GLC-T 1000Base-T SFP Copper Transceiver, RJ45 Connector, 100-meter: Amazon.co.uk...
  14. D

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Hey What Cooler can I use with this server? I bought CooolerMaster 212X one but they do not fit the screws. Can any1 suggest anything?
  15. D

I got one of them last week. Its pretty awesome server and you can mod the hell out of it. Will be getting 2-3 more of them soon.