Recent content by Danil Bilousov

1. D

Regular CPU Cooler for LGA3647(Xeon Phi)

What about AMD Cocket AM2-AM3 "native" coolers from AMD Phenom X6 and FXes? With fully cooper construction and wide cooper baseplate?
  2. D

Regular CPU Cooler for LGA3647(Xeon Phi)

Hello, what regular CPU cooler, made for standard customers CPUs can be installed on LGA3647(Xeon Phi)? Recently I bought Scythe Grand Kama for that, but it's heat taker even less in dimensions then this CPU. Any Ideas? Coolers like Grand Kama of Shuriken(horizontal) are in priority.
  3. D

Wownero mining

Hello, I'm from Ukraine, from Kherson. Before the war I was mining wownero by my rigs-servers at home(and make home heating by servers). There are some Socket F(dual cpu), Socket G34(2-4 CPU), and socket 771 machines. On the begining of war I stop mining because it's quite noisy and I can mess...
  4. D

INTEL S7200AP any way to use without server equipment?

Interested in Intel S7200AP with Xeon Phi, any way to boot up without server equipment, with only board and CPU? How can I power this board? Are there any adapters from ATX, for example? Not actually understand, does it have "native" SATA, NVME, PCIE slots?
  5. D

What LGA3647 mobo's canbe used with Xeon Phi CPU's for this socket?

yes, for now - none, before it was some. Now there are no any "new" Xeon Phi co-processor on ebay at all.
  6. D

I'm already have first generation of Xeon Phi card with 8Gb GDDR5 for 13$. But it has old cores, like first intel atom's, second generation(72**) much better, in case of memory speed and cores progress(new instructions and so on).
  7. D

not exactly. I need many cheap cores with 8-16Gb of really high speed memory, and AVX and so on instructions. Xeon Phi for this is the best solution even without DDR4. But seems, PCIe Xeon Phi's *200 series will be cheaper then LGA3647 Xeon Phi and mobo
  8. D

Sun F20 with Samsung SAS 6Gb/s SSD drives

Hello, trying to use Sun F20 with Samsung SAS SSD, 100 and 200Gb, with SAS 2(6Gbps), and it's doesnt work. In devices list it's listed as empty storage device(without memory), in Sun F20 BIOS setting utility it's showed 100 and 200Gb. I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 with stock drivers.
  9. D

What LGA3647 mobo's canbe used with Xeon Phi CPU's for this socket? Does somebody know? Does Dell Precision T7820 , for example, can?
  10. D

AM3 Opteron(3280,3365,1389) in desktop AM3 Mobo

I'm writing about AMD CPU's exactly. For Nvidia chipsets - that test was on not server chipset. So, at all, mobo + cpu(3365) is going to me now, I have a lot of ddr3 ecc reg ram's, so can make a test of that on this build. But, it seems, I need to buy some at least ddr3u ecc modules too, or "AMD...
  11. D

btw, wikipedia says that Opteron's 12**-13** cannot work with DDR2 ECC REG and DDR3 ECC REG(in compatible only Unbuffered memory), buuuut.... for AM3(+) Opteron's 32-33**(from Bulldozer) is described compability with RDDR and UDDR
  12. D

at all, chinese "AMD only" memory was made exactly from ECC memory, so it's doesn't strange that original ecc modules can run with AMD without problem. But, at all, ECC memory works on some Intel CPU's too. But, Opteron's can handle much more RAM, then consumer CPU's, but there are can be...
  13. D

so, the only server memory that can be used on AM2/AM3 desktop motherboard with Opteron is DDR2/3 ECC memory?
  14. D

NO. Opteron's for 940 socket(dual-cpu config mostly) like 275 or 875(for eight cpu config) is 940 pins. It's server socket. For desktop there is Socket 939, like Opteron 175 for 1 cpu miniservers, for AM2 desktop socket there are Opteron 1222, for example, or Opteron 1354, for socket AM3 -...
  15. D

Hello, I'm interested in AM3 Opteron to use with regular AM3 desktop motherboard, and I have one question. If memory controller is in CPU integrated, can I use server ddr2/3 reg ecc memory with desktop motherboard and server Opteron on it or no? Some "server" ram(like chinese "AMD only" is works...